YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
To partner with cross-functional teams through the innovation process, using moderately complex conceptual design thinking approaches to identify strategic technology transformation opportunity areas, and propose innovative technologies to successfully translate business needs into meaningful solutions that ensure that Navy Federal is able to offer cutting edge services in the digital age. Work is performed under moderate supervision.
Navy Federal is seeking a subject matter expert in Security technologies for its Innovation team
The ideal candidate should have extensive industry knowledge in the broad areas of identity, access management security, fraud, and risk, such that he/she can play a critical role in identifying, evaluating and recommending best in class innovative & emerging technologies for Navy Federal in security related needs.
Specifically the candidate will have following competencies
1. Identify resolution and authentication methods including MFA, OTP, Biometric, behavioral, Continuous, API and Open Authentication methods
2. Cyber Security and enterprise vulnerabilities prevention and control
3. Network, Firewalls & end point security
4. Cloud architecture and cloud security levels and standards
5. Security & threat monitoring technologies & audit practices
6. Risk and Fraud mitigation technologies including emerging AI based tools
7. Data security and privacy concepts and practices
8. Security Architecture, Frameworks & orchestration
Candidate should be a strategic thinker who can envision enterprise level solutions and gain confidence of senior leadership in security, fraud & technical professionals within the organization to advance innovative and emerging security related technologies.
• Support the enterprise strategic initiative focused on transforming identity and access management for our members and employees and provide insights into emerging technology solutions and implementation in delivering the capabilities
• Conduct research in security technologies and solutions to support the strategic initiative focus areas
• In addition to fully supporting the strategic initiative, the responsibilities may include working on other innovation activities related to information security and fraud areas as required
• Scout market trends, new ideas and perspectives and draw on simple observations of sector research/deep marketplace/business environment awareness, global factors and patterns to drive breakthrough potential
• Deliver ideas for Proof of Concepts (POCs) and clearly articulate business value, and alignment with evolving market needs and best practices
• Assist with developing and presenting recommendations to executive leadership based on Proof of Concepts (POCs) of emerging technologies that clearly articulates business value, and alignment with Navy Federal business strategy
• Participate in efforts to build short and long-term technology plans for assigned business domains
• Participate in vendor evaluations as needed to ensure vendor selections meet desired technology capabilities
• Develop and champion innovation tools, methodologies, and approaches to cultivate ideas and opportunities that are diverse, unique, drive quality and speed to market
• Assist with identifying opportunities to improve and optimize customer experiences using design thinking methodology such as consumer driven problem solving approach, combined with market analysis and research
• Contribute to the achievement of the Innovation Advisory Group and corporate goals
• Support new business development, including prospecting activities, strategic messaging, product proposals and proposal engagement; assist with orchestration, planning and creative material as required
• Facilitate participation from all business units including Innovation Advisory Group members in innovation engagement activities
• Develop and maintain relationships with team members, management, key stakeholders and external contacts (e.g., vendors)
• Build relationships globally with technology partners, startups, universities, and social media partners
• Provide forward thinking technical expertise in current and emerging technologies, trends and practices
• Perform other duties as required
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• 10+ years of experience applying working in information security and fraud technologies and architecture.
• Expert knowledge of network security design and security-related configuration management
• Extensive knowledge of continuous authentication, fraud, IAM and cyber security technologies such as Transmit, Behavioral analytics, and emerging voice technologies
• Experience with risk control frameworks: HIPAA, ISO 2700X, NIST, PCI DSS, SOX, etc.
• Extensive experience with intrusion detection, data loss prevention, and identity management
• Experience in technology research, strategy and implementation in the areas of information security and fraud services, product innovation, digital transformation, innovation management, and strategy development in the financial services industry, preferably in a large financial institution
• Experience in creating strategic and/or technology roadmaps
• Experience in delivering creative solutions by leveraging knowledge of the financial services industry and technology trends
• Working knowledge of digital technologies (e.g., Social, Mobile, Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, etc.) to evaluate products and solutions to achieve long term goals business goals
• Working knowledge of current and emerging technologies and how enterprises are employing them to drive agility and digital transformation
• Working knowledge of data querying, reporting, forecasting, analysis and operations research, including statistical methods and modeling
• Working knowledge of banking/financial industry trends, products and services
• Effective skill delivering strategy presentations and guiding the development of compelling new concepts
• Experience in working in cross-functional teams and facilitating innovation engagements
• Effective skill distilling content from research reports and generating insights for innovation engagements
• Experience in working with all levels of staff, management, stakeholders, vendors
• Effective skill managing multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment to achieve goals
• Effective skill building relationships through rapport, trust, diplomacy and tact
• Effective critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Effective skill identifying and analyzing business requirements and recommending solutions
• Effective skill presenting findings, conclusions, alternatives and information clearly and concisely
• Effective skill to influence, negotiate and persuade to reach agreeable exchange and positive outcomes
• Effective skill communicating complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
• Effective word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software skills
• Effective verbal, interpersonal and written communications skills
• Familiarity with Navy Federal’s Business Acumen Model
• Familiarity with Navy Federal products, services, programs, policies, and procedures
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. Please indicate the employee who referred you when applying.