YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
To research, evaluate, design, implement, and maintain system and product solutions, applying knowledge of engineering principles. To provide technical direction and engineering support for projects and infrastructure. Develop and maintain advanced functional knowledge of evolving IT engineering industry technologies/competition, concepts and trends.
This person will be the primary Security Engineer that will be responsible for the auditing and oversight of the NFCU Network Security Suite of Tools.
• Responsible for leading a program that uses industry leading tools to ensure:
o Firewall rules are compliant with the Navy Federal Firewall security policy
o Rule usage, logical order of rules
o Clean up of obsolete/duplicate firewall access rules, groups and objects
o Consolidate rules where possible to minimize security vulnerability risks and/or performance degradation
• Interfacing/consulting with various technology groups on the installation, configuration, and management of security technologies focusing on the Cisco Security Products.
• 5 Years of experience in Network Security using the Cisco Security Suite of Tools Mandatory
• Cisco CCNP Security Certification - Highly Preferred
• Experience with both on-premise and cloud based firewalls
• Experience with other industry leading Firewall technologies such as Checkpoint, Fortinet, and Palo Alto
• Expertise with:
o Cisco Secure Access, Edge Network Security, Threat Control, and Secure Mobility solutions
o Cisco’s Identity Services Engine and 802.1X secure network access
• Expertise designing secure networks by leveraging the Cisco suite of security tools
• Cisco Email Security experience
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
• Experience with FireMon Software
• Ability to integrate the Firemon software with other Enterprise Service Management and Workflow Tools
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. Please indicate the employee who referred you when applying.