YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
To coordinate and conduct basic system analyses through data acquisition and modeling. Identifies, coordinates, documents, and implements business requirements by determining solutions that enhance business systems, as well as provides support to business operations and processes under close supervision. To analyze business needs to develop and implement solutions that leverage systems and processes with limited latitude. Work with the business to understand their needs, related to information technology and enhance business process by promoting new functionality. Using basic knowledge of technology and specific software applications, assist the business to implement strategic vision through technology.
• Evaluate operational efficiency and effectiveness
• Analyze information, requirements, data, work quality, work methods, processes, service specific practices, standards and metrics/statistics
• Uses elicitation techniques to gather information at the right level of detail and scope to represent all of the stakeholder’s needs
• Analyze, define and document technical design for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating systems environment, interface with other systems, internal and external controls and output
• Supervise modeling efforts to ensure that specifications and constructs adhere to appropriate mathematical and statistical standards and answer particular analytic questions
• Identifying business requirements (e.g. needs, objectives, functions, features, input and output)
• Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis using analytical techniques, tools, models, simulation, etc.
• Develops, recommends and documents adjustments to workflow to streamline processes
• Coordinate integration of solutions with existing applications; identify and resolve existing conflicts to ensures compatibility
• Develop and maintain an understanding of relevant industry standards, best practices, business processes and technology used within related business areas to ensure compliance with policy, vendor contractual requirements, procedures, processes and standards
• Involved in cross-organizational task groups concerning new automated systems, products and/or services
• Work with project teams to plan, coordinate and rollout software change/release to Controlled Testing and Production, obtain required approvals as scheduled, and transition project to Production
• Interact with other ISD staff, business units (end users) in problem resolution efforts
• Utilize performance measurements and indicators to identify areas for improvement; develop process improvement plans for each performance indicator or area identified
• Partner with other business units and vendors to improve procedures, resolve problems, and implement initiatives; presents conclusions and recommendations to management
• Implement new/enhanced products, services and/or operational changes
• Identify and communicate key responsibilities and practices, evaluate results, and provide leadership and guidance to ensure successful implementation of business unit projects
• Interpret results of analysis; present recommendations, alternatives and implications
• Write requirements and define editorial workflow for business owner projects
• Develop and oversee project plans and roadmaps that outline preventative and corrective actions necessary to remediate control deficiencies, maximizing effectiveness and mitigating future exposure
• Ensure preventative, detective, and corrective controls are properly identified and documented
• Develop test plans, test criteria, scenarios and documentation; ensure acceptance of delivered solutions
• Conduct and/or facilitate user acceptance testing to include developing and executing test cases, communication with project teams, validating and documenting results
• Report testing activity including time spent, testing time lost and discrepancies found
• Apply and communicate changes and new trends in systems/technology
• Represent the business unit in identifying, analyzing and communicating system solutions
• Conduct root cause analysis to identify development opportunities and recommend applicable business solutions
• Research emerging technologies and recommend solutions that align with business goals
• Monitor performance of systems to ensure continued systems efficiency
• Collaborate with key partners in development and delivery of solutions
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Experience in solving routine or standard administrative, operational and/or system problems and issues
• Exposure to the application of statistical methods, mathematical techniques, forecasting, cost-benefit analysis and related analytical tools
• Exposure to managing multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment to achieve goals
• Familiarity with data querying, reporting, forecasting, analysis and operations research, including statistical methods and modeling
• Basic research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Effective organizational, planning and time management skills
• Effective skill following, interpreting and applying relevant data/instructions to guidelines, procedures, practices and regulations
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Effective word processing and spreadsheet software skills
• Basic skill identifying and analyzing business requirements and recommending solutions
• Exposure to SQL and VBA database languages
• Navy Federal Project Portfolio Management (PPM) knowledge
• Navy Federal products, services, programs, policies and procedures
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM, with potential to work nights and/or weekends as needed
Location: Pensacola, FL (GPO)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.