YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
To provide expert research project management and strategic primary research guidance to internal business partners. To act as the voice of the member (and potential member), while providing assistance to business partners who make decisions about Navy Federal’s strategy and operations.
• Provide research support and strategy planning to business partners to help in their decision making process to solve business issues, meet project objectives and/or strategic initiatives.
• Lead consumer research projects from inception to presentation focusing on providing insights that will have a significant impact on business decisions
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders and management to provide marketing research expertise to support their product and business initiatives
• Assess the complexity and application of end-results required to make appropriate business decisions by identifying/obtaining material, systems and intellectual resources required to accomplish research studies
• Set project objectives and designs structure of each research plan in response to business needs
• Write research proposals, reviews, explains research strategy required to meet project and business objectives
• Direct research projects and collaboration with staff, stakeholders, management and external consultants. Basic/routine
• Recommend and uses appropriate quantitative or qualitative techniques to meet research objectives Basic research/review
• Write questionnaires, banner plans, screeners, discussion guides, and all other research materials required to execute the study Basic/routine
• Obtain sample lists necessary to conduct research Basic research/review
• Manage fieldwork e.g. programming & testing of quantitative studies, data collection, and recruitment/logistics for qualitative studies to ensure integrity of data, skilled moderators, resolve issues, re-evaluate study process and deadlines are met Limited latitude
• Oversee Research Analysts execution of research project(s) and provides guidance to ensure project changes/requirements, timelines and bottlenecks are met or resolved Limited latitude
• Develop analysis plan and as necessary, oversees applications of advanced analytics Basic research/review
• Manage consultants, vendors, agencies and members of internal cross-functional teams to ensure the research design and analysis supports research/business goals Limited latitude
• Set the frequency and most effective reporting methods to communicate results for staff and/or management review at each milestone of the study process. Limited latitude
• Communicate and summarizes research study results for business partners and interprets results into actionable insights or business plans that will support their decision making objectives. Limited latitude
• Analyze and summarizes study results and identifies if the strategy used was appropriate and met business objectives Basic research/review
• Interpret study results for development of possible actionable business plans Basic research/review
• Identify key findings from research and applies most appropriate/effective presentation method to communicate results to a variety of audiences e.g. staff, stakeholders and senior management Basic research/review
• Socialize results of research with key stakeholders, and formulates recommendations Limited latitude
• Obtain acceptance and/or provides alternatives for implementation from senior management Limited latitude
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing Research, Statistics, Business Administration or related fields, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Experience with the steps in planning, fielding, analyzing and presenting quantitative and qualitative research
• Working knowledge with various statistical, segmentation and analysis techniques for survey and database data
• Effective skill to make clear, sound, and logical conclusions and recommendations
• Effective organization skills, project management, and interpersonal communication skills
• Good research, analysis and problem-solving skills
• Effective verbal, written, and presentation skills of technical and non-technical material(s)
• Experience in using online tools such as survey tools, communities, social networks etc.
• Proficiency and experienced with software applications, e.g., Microsoft Office, graphics, web, etc.
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Masters or PhD in Marketing Research, Social Science (e.g., Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Economics), Statistics, Business Administration or related field; or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Thorough understanding of SPSS Statistics and Modeler, Cognos, Teradata, online survey tools, Sawtooth and other marketing research software tools
• Demonstrated competency in qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
• Experience on the vendor/consulting side of consumer research
• Industry experience in financial services, telecommunications, online services, cable/satellite TV or other subscription/membership-based businesses
• Full knowledge of Navy Federal's objectives, functions and policies
• Knowledge of Navy Federal operations
• Familiarity with the military community
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.