YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
To research, evaluate, design, implement, and maintain system and product solutions, applying knowledge of engineering principles. To provide technical direction and engineering support for projects and infrastructure. Develops basic knowledge of industry technologies/competition, concepts and trends.
The role requires broad engineering and operational experience with Microsoft Cloud Compute technologies; specifically, deep technical expertise in Azure Platform as a Service (PaaS); Azure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS); Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems; and supporting technologies. Candidates filling the role will be responsible for the design, installation and post-installation sustainment activities.
The candidate should have a history of having engineered successful solutions in the relevant products and support of such in technically complex environments.
• Anticipate and adjust for potential impact
• Apply engineering principles to the design and enhancement of systems
• Document new system components, or modifications to existing components
• Ensure the security and integrity of system and product solutions
• Full life-cycle project management
• Lead, guide and mentor less experienced staff
• Perform engineering tasks/assignments in support of business needs
• Perform research, procurement, deployment and configuration of systems
• Present clear, organized & concise information to audiences to enable business decisions
• Provide input and make budgetary recommendations regarding staffing and equipment
• Provide technical leadership in architecture discipline & development of IT solutions
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Participate in On-call Rotation (as required) for emergency technical support and planned maintenance activities.
• Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) – Design, implementation, documentation, and support of infrastructure, virtual machines, platform, storage, backup, configuration management, and patching.
• Platform as a Service (PaaS) – Design, implementation, documentation, and support of infrastructure, configuration management, and patching
Qualifications (All required):
• Word processing and spreadsheet software skills
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Organizational, planning and time management skills
• Database and presentation software skills
• Research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Engineering discipline
• Skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Skill guiding and training less experienced staff
• Manage complex full life-cycle IT projects or teams to include cost/resource/time estimation
• Knowledge of and adherence to change control standards and procedures, problem resolution, and troubleshooting techniques
• Advanced expertise in engineering Azure Infrastructure as a Service (Azure IaaS) including but not limited to:
o Subscriptions, Resource Groups, Virtual Machines, Disks, Managed Disks, Availability Zones, Availability Sets, Azure Monitor, etc.
• Advanced expertise in engineering Azure Platform as a Service (Azure PaaS) including but not limited to:
o Storage Accounts, Azure Recovery Services Vaults, Functions, Logic Apps, Web Apps, Azure SQL, Azure Active Directory, Application Insights, Virtual Networks, Application Gateway, Load Balancers
• Advanced experience engineering Windows Server operating systems 2016/2019, including services such as monitoring, build, patch, upgrade, configuration management, storage management, etc.
• Advanced Expertise in engineering Azure Automation
o OMS, State Configuration (Azure DSC), Update Management, Runbooks, Inventory Management, Change Tracking
• Advanced experience in scripting with Windows PowerShell
• Working knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, LDAP, Kerberos, DNS, TCP/IP, WMI, SNMP
• Working knowledge of MS SQL Server 2012/2014/2016/2017/2019 usage and administration
• Intermediate experience with Azure Software as a Service solutions (Azure SaaS)
• Intermediate experience with Azure Azure DevOps:
o Pipelines, Releases, Wiki, Backlogs
• Working knowledge of Pivotal Cloud Foundry Platform as a Server (PCF PaaS)
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.