YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
The Senior Technical Analyst (Digital Engineer) position supports Navy Federal Credit Union’s Digital team in developing industry leading web and mobile solutions to meet our Member’s evolving financial needs. The role involves collaboration with business analysts, solution architects, developers, and testers to assess needs and define system requirements for solutions. The team’s portfolio ranges from Member facing capabilities to supporting infrastructure and services.
• Defines the system requirements of the product.
• Performs technical analysis, develop and prioritize, features and epics to ensure work focuses on requirements with maximum value and are aligned with product delivery strategy
• Assists the Business in determining if and how system enhancements may improve process flow and business function.
• Collaborates with product management team to define Minimum Viable Product (MVP) to achieve company strategic goals.
• Provides demos to internal project team, as well as to business stakeholders.
• Participates in project planning, sprint and release planning, daily stand-up meetings (scrums), demos/reviews, retrospectives, backlog refinement meetings, and other Scrum-related meetings.
• Performs application and services tests.
• Responsible for creating system requirements for applications and services, including interface specifications.
• Works closely with Business, Quality Assurance team and developers on projects and to address production issues.
• Assist and mentor less experienced peers.
• Help maintain and develop procedure guides and knowledge database.
• Advocate work processes and recommend opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
• Able to excel in a fast-paced environment with aggressive timelines that require managing multiple priorities concurrently
• Utilize system documentation, database information, application logs and scenario testing to determine root cause of system issues.
• Recognize and advocate for adherence to system solutions that are maintainable, efficient and extensible.
Have in-depth understanding or working knowledge of the following:
• Services-Oriented Architecture
• Model-View-Controller Design Concepts
• Native vs HTML 5 Approach to Mobile Applications
• Vendor API Integration
• Configuration Management
• Error Handling
• XML and JSON Data Structures
• Ability to write SQL queries
• Problem solving skill – Works well under pressure and challenges, team-player, good listener, analytical, creative, approachable, etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to partner with various levels of leadership within the organization
• Conduct complex technical analysis across multiple products
• Experience working in Agile methodology
• Experience writing mobile and web application requirements
• Experience in writing mobile and web service requirements
• CSM (Certified Scrum Master) Certification is a plus
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Location: 1007 Electric Avenue, Vienna, VA 22180
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.