YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
To conceive development solutions for web-based initiatives through well designed, tested and efficient code leveraging best practices and keeping deliverables engaging, accessible and on-brand. Develops project execution plan, deployment schedule, and implements UX design projects of a moderate to complex scope. Works independently with limited guidance on the most complex projects with significant impact.
•Develop and recommend comprehensive development solutions
•Optimize the user experience by developing compelling and engaging responsive digital experiences through the use of front-end web technologies (HTML, CSS/SCSS, and JS) and coding practices
•Influence team members and business partners by explaining the impact of designing/development with the enduser in mind
•Define user experience
•Influence strategy and anticipate internal/external business challenges
•Operate within the Design Thinking methodology based on the product, channel, audience, and the application requirements or workflow
•Develop coding styles and best practices, to enhance component libraries, meet accessibility requirements (WCAG 2.0 AA), and guides the team in their use through a pattern library
•Create prototypes for testing to ensure design meets business and user objectives
•Perform web performance and accessibility audits and leads remediation efforts
•Report, track and help remediate a variety of web related bugs
•Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, User-Centered Design/Human-Computer Interaction, or the equivalent
combination of education, training, and experience
• Extensive experience with AEM 6.0 - 6.4
• Extensive experience with developing advanced custom AEM component using Java, Maven, Eclipse, JSTL tags or sling API
• Good understanding of any continuous integration tools like Jenkins, Hudson, Nexus and version control tools like SVN, Github
• Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, Model View Controller paradigm
• Familiar with Agile Methodologies of Software Development Life cycle
• Significant experience of interaction design, responsive development, visual design, and industry standards
• Significant experience of user centered design processes and best practices
• Advanced knowledge of accessibility and web performance
• Advanced knowledge of best practices for web and mobile-based content, tools, and forms
• Advanced UX development communication skills
• Desired – Knowledge of web, mobile and application design
• Desired – 2 years experience with HTL and Mongo to build complex components in AEM 6.x
• Desired – experience with GSA and Adobe Analytics with DTM integration
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180; telework options
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.