ISD Support Lead IV (Senior Network Engineer)
Location: FL Pensacola - Operations
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
- FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®
- Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
- FORTUNE® Best Workplaces for Millennials
- Forbes® America’s Best Employers
- PEOPLE® Companies That Care
Basic Purpose To serve as the most senior technical subject matter expert for an assigned area delivering the most complex operational support to the organization. Ensure department objectives are met in operational stability, efficiency, asset management, change control, performance management, metric development, security, and integrity of systems. Provide operational support input related to application analysis, code review, design, and programming functions. Lead a support team that may or may not be matrixed.
- Provide comprehensive day-to-day operational support
- Oversee and coordinate recovery operations in the event of operational failure
- Recommend, develop, and maintain complete and accurate documentation for supported environments
- Lead and coordinate availability and performance monitoring activities and execution of scheduled maintenance activities
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting
- Perform analysis of applications and enhancements for process improvement or re-engineering
- Coordinate, document and evaluate unit testing for software defects
- Ensure compliance with NFCU’s ISD standards, practices and processes
- Initiate and prioritize multiple activities for assigned support area for completion of functions
- Perform root cause analysis to identify and resolve recurring technical problems
- Coordinate integration of solutions with existing applications; identify and resolve existing and potential conflicts to ensure compatibility
- Serve on teams and task groups for projects/initiatives within the business unit and/or across the organization
- Perform engineering technology research, procurement, deployment, and configuration for new and modified systems
- Build and maintain effective relationships with team members, management, key stakeholders and/or external contacts (vendors, etc.)
- Ensure clear, concise and effective communication of material
- Lead, guide and mentor less experienced staff
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Expert knowledge of development and/or operations framework methodologies, including Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), etc.
- Extensive experience in Information Technology operations performance, reliability, and availability metrics
- Advanced knowledge of banking/financial industry standards and practices
- Expert skill troubleshooting and resolving technical problems
- Expert research, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Expert skill presenting findings, conclusions, alternatives and information clearly and concisely
- Expert skill in producing desired results and achieving goals and objectives
- Expert exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
- Expert organizational, planning and time management skills
- Extensive experience in working with all levels of staff, management, stakeholders, vendors
- Expert skill interacting with staff, management, stakeholders and vendors diplomatically and tactfully
- Expert verbal and written communication skills
- Expert database, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software skills
- Extensive experience in leading, guiding and mentoring others
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certification
- Enterprise Data Center Experience (ACI)
- Hours: *Monday- Friday 8am-4:30pm CST with occasional overtime and flexibility due to business need*
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.