YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
- FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®
- Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
- FORTUNE® Best Workplaces for Millennials
- Forbes® America’s Best Employers
To support Information Technology division and the enterprise by providing comprehensive architectural leadership in translating business vision and strategies into effective IT and business capabilities through the design, implementation, and integration of IT systems. The Data Architect focuses on architecture and design of advanced analytic solutions on the data lake platform as well as on traditional data warehousing and business intelligence platforms.Required (Individual Role):
1. Extensive experience in architecting and designing data management solutions using data lake platform tools and technologies such as Python, Kafka, Flume, HDFS, ADLS, ADF, Azure Blob, Hive, Impala, HBase, Spark, JSON, Kudu, Scala and Solr.
2. Experience in architecting solutions in Microsoft Azure using both PaaS and IaaS models
3. Experience in architecting systems, and applications using containerization technologies, like Kubernetes, Dockers, Mesos, etc.
4. Experience in data architecture and business intelligence (BI) disciplines, and a deep understanding of Data Warehousing, BI, master data management, Reference Data Management, Metadata, and advanced analytics concepts in large organizations
5. Experience in delivering Data as a Service (DaaS) concepts from the enterprise repositories using REST APIs
6. Experience in complex integration and data caching tools and technologies
7. Experience in CI/CD practice set up and operationalization
8. Experience in using various data modeling techniques and their appropriate usage in data integrationDesired (Individual Role):
1. Experience with Cloudera Data Platform governance and data pipeline management
2. Experience with Machine Learning algorithms, AI, and predictive modeling techniques
3. Experience using Service Oriented Architecture and related methodologies
4. Experience in Enterprise Java (J2EE) technologies, Web Services, XML, UML, Information models, Data Flow Diagrams, Multi-threaded software applications
5. Familiarity with cloud data platform processes automation
6. Experience with Mainframe data storage related to VSAM, and CopybooksHours
: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pmLocation
: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180Remote Work Policy
: Remote work is available for all positions contingent on business need and manager discretion
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.