YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
Provide analytical insight from organizational data to support mission critical decision making. Understand business needs and identify opportunities for new products and services to meet business objectives. Design and develop sophisticated predictive models and advanced algorithms to drive decisions and optimize business results. Devise testing of business data to draw conclusion for statistical significance at various confidence levels. Regarded as an industry expert in the data science field. Conduct highly complex work with extensive latitude for independent judgment. Progression to this level is typically restricted on the basis of business requirement.
• Support the delivery of strategic advanced analytics solutions across different data channels and processes; provide expert analytics insights and solutions to solve business problems
• Applies broad business knowledge and advanced statistical modeling techniques when building data structures and tools
• Leverage analytics within transformation projects in operations through maturity assessments and analytics projects
• Prepare advanced project implementation plans which highlight major milestones and deliverables leveraging agile methods
• Recognize potential issues and risks during the analytics project implementation and suggest mitigation strategies
• Expert and key point of contact between the data analyst/data engineer and the project/functional analytics leads
• Collaborate with other team members, subject matter experts, pods, and delivery teams to deliver strategic advanced analytic based solutions from design to execution
• Manage, architect, and analyze big data in order to build data driven insights and high impact data models
• Transform data presented in models, charts, and tables into a format that is useful to the business and aids in effective decision making
• Using statistical practices, analyze current and historical data to make predictions, identify risks, and opportunities, enabling better decisions on planned/future events
• Lead the examination of data from multiple sources and share insights with leadership and stakeholders, present them in such a manner that they are easily understood by project stakeholders
• Identify improvements to the way in which analytics service the entire function
• Coach and mentor project team members in carrying out analytics project implementation activities
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Master’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Expert in Azure SQL Data warehouse, Microsoft Excel
• Expert in Data Validation & Cleansing, Information & Interpretation, Qualitative & Quantitative Analysis, Statistical Analysis and Reporting
• Advanced knowledge of Apache Spark, Azure Data Factory, Azure DevOps, Azure Machine Learning, Hadoop, Hive (Apache), Informatica, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Databricks, Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft SQL Server, MS Office Products, Operation Data Integration (OLTP) and Python
• Advanced Project Management skills including Agile, Communication Strategy and Management, Delivery Excellence and Requirements management
• Advanced skills in Data Integration, Data Governance and Data Warehousing, Multiple Data related Concepts
• Advanced skills in Process Management and Scenario Analysis; Storytelling with data skills
• Advanced communication skills; ability to communicate end to end data outcomes visually to all levels of the team hierarchy
• Proficient in Agile Frameworks (SAFE), Azure Cloud- Native, Azure Data Catalog, Cognos, Data Architecture, R Language and Environment, ETL tools and techniques
• Proficient in Data Engineering, Data Mining, Forecasting Analytics and Optimization
• Proficient in Predictive Modeling and Analytics; ability to define and develop models that predict the probability of an outcome
• Proficient with data models, large datasets, business/technical requirements, data warehousing, statistical programming languages and libraries
• Proficient with data visualization principles tools such as Microsoft Power BI, Tableau; ability to manipulate raw data into effective visualization dashboards
• Ability to perform statistical analysis such as measures of central tendency, normal distribution, variance, standard deviation, basic tests, correlation, and regression techniques
• Ability to understand other projects or functional areas in order to consolidate analytical needs, processes
• Experience with data warehousing, data cleaning, data pipelines and other analytical techniques for modeling
• Experience in maintaining the process between creating and update data source systems and implementing data related requirements
• Working knowledge of the concepts and application of data mapping and building requirements; ability to model (or abstract) to remedy critical problems/data gaps
• Working knowledge of various data structures and the ability to extract data from various data sources (such as Cognos, Informatica)
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Knowledge of Navy Federal Credit Union instructions, standards, and procedures
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.