YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
To work collaboratively with both the business and ISD to ensure that architectural solutions are aligned with the overall business objectives and support Navy Federal’s corporate mission and vision. Leverage relationships and expertise to scale our customer knowledge and inspire action across the enterprise. Conduct complex work assignments under general direction. Considered subject matter expert and a key stakeholder/key contributor on highly complex initiatives and project teams.
• Facilitate application and architectural requirements, which may include functional, security, integration, performance, quality, and operational requirements
• Identify risks and assumptions associated with the functional elements of the solution
• Ensure architectural solutions and related work products meet the requirements of the business
• Communicate regularly with executive and technical management
• Provide input into project implementation plans which highlight major milestones and deliverables leveraging standard methods and work planning tools
• Lead the preparation of high quality project deliverables that are valued by the business and present them in a manner that is easily understood by project stakeholders
• Recognize potential issues and risks during project implementation and recommend mitigation strategies
• Serve as key point of contact between ISD and project/functional teams, and/or business teams
• Troubleshoot major issues encountered with the implementation of standard IT tools and techniques
• Utilize design thinking methodologies and processes to facilitate development of enterprise architecture solutions
• Understand intersection and alignment of technical components of projects and initiatives to provide recommendations to management to maximize value to the organization
• Provide support and input into the execution of strategic initiatives regarding sequencing, prioritization, and identification of inter-dependencies
• Identify constraints, opportunities, and solutions for technical solutions
• Coach and mentor project team members
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Extensive experience in working with business intelligence tools (e.g., Microsoft Power Bi, Tableau)
• Extensive experience in the use of all standard IT tools and techniques
• Expert knowledge of Agile frameworks (e.g., SAFE)
• Expert knowledge of ETL tools and techniques
• Expert knowledge of architecture frameworks, design tools, business/technical requirements, and analytical functions
• Expert knowledge of various data structures and the ability to extract data from various databases (e.g., Teradata, Oracle)
• Expert knowledge of multiple database concepts and data flows
• Expert knowledge of Data Architecture, Azure Data Catalog, Azure Data Factory, Microsoft SQL Server, UNIX, etc.
• Expert skill in analyzing a project or functional area in order to consolidate technology needs and work to ensure they are addressed
• Expert skill in translating complex business requirements into functional architecture solutions
• Expert skill in performing tasks that require the use of certain tools and technologies in various scenarios
• Extensive experience in working and participating in cross-functional, multi-dimensional teams and projects
• Extensive experience in leading, guiding and mentoring professional staff
• Expert skill presenting findings, conclusions, alternatives and information clearly and concisely
• Expert skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Expert research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Expert verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Expert database, word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software skills
• Expert skill in the use of Microsoft Office Products (e.g., Excel)
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Master’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
• Advanced knowledge of Navy Federal policies, procedures, products, and services
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.