YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
To support the Information System Division and the enterprise by providing comprehensive data engineering solutions in translating Navy Federal's business vision and strategies into effective IT and business capabilities through the design, implementation, and integration of IT systems using the Hadoop platform. The Lead Data Engineer will be responsible for implementing the evolution, development, and governance of Navy Federal’s Data with a specific focus on the Hadoop platform.
Required (Individual Role):
• Extensive experience in engineering and designing data management solutions using Hadoop platform tools and technologies such as Apache HDFS, Sqoop, Spark, Hive, Impala, HBase, Kafka, as well as Python, and Scala or Java.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proficient in the data ingestion pipeline process, data cleansing and metadata management on Hadoop platforms
• Hands-on experience creating automated data integration applications using data models, data mappings and business rules specifications, to load data warehouses, operational data stores, data marts, and data lakes while programmatically handling exceptions including late arriving, missing, or erroneous data.
• Experience in business intelligence (BI) disciplines, and a deep understanding of Data Warehousing BI, and advanced analytics concepts in large organizations
• Experience creating artifacts to support architecture governance, including standards, advisories, research papers, reference models and reference architectures, as needed or assigned
• Experience in using various data modeling techniques and their appropriate usage in data integration
• Experience providing technical and data leadership to the application development group, IT and the enterprise.
Desired (Individual Role):
• Advanced degree in MIS, computer science, statistics, marketing, management, finance or related field
• Experience with Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub (EDH) Governance and Data Pipeline Management
• Professional affiliation with DAMA or TDWI
• Experience using Service Oriented Architecture and related methodologies
• Ability to perform multi-tasking with minimal supervision.
• Prior experience in the Financial Industry
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.