This job posting is no longer active
Supervisor, Grounds Maintenance Services
Location: VA Winchester - Operations
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
- FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®
- Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
- FORTUNE® Best Workplaces for Millennials
- Forbes® America’s Best Employers
- PEOPLE® Companies That Care
Basic Purpose To manage the care and upkeep of Navy Federal Winchester (WOC) complex grounds, parking lots, garages, and roadways.
Work is performed outdoors and involves the soiling of hands and clothing and the use of equipment and materials that may pose health and safety hazards and/or injury. Protective clothes, shoes, gloves, masks and ear guards are provided.
• Plans, organizes and directs the activities of the Grounds Maintenance Program
• Develops programs and plans for the proper, efficient and cost effective care and maintenance of the grounds to include turf and landscape management; fertilization, insecticide, herbicide and fungicide programs; irrigation repairs and troubleshooting; roadway, sidewalk and parking lot upkeep (snow and ice removal operations, pressure washing) and maintenance of exterior structures and signage
• Trains staff in the proper procedure and safety techniques associated with these programs
• Participates in landscape design planning
• Selects or recommends plants suitable for local geographic conditions
• Monitors pest and disease levels in the lawn and plantings and directs proper control measures
• Develops and oversees the Equipment Maintenance program such as tractors, industrial grade mowers, heavy duty pruning and trimming equipment, snow removal equipment, street sweeper/vacuum, and pickup trucks
• Recommends and participates in the procurement of equipment
• Submits the grounds maintenance budget for inclusion in the Annual Financial Plan
• Develops specifications for work to be performed by contractors in projects such as landscaping and fertilization
• Reviews bids considering cost, quality and performance, and makes recommendations for awarding contracts
• Supervises projects to include: scheduling, coordination of activities, inspections and approval of work performed by contractors
• Prepares reports as required (water management)
• Remains current on grounds maintenance industry materials, equipment, practices and procedures •Performs supervisory administrative duties: Selects employees, prepares and conducts performance appraisals, ensures adequate staffing, prepares work schedules; counsels employees and oversees employee training and development
• Performs other duties as assigned or appropriate
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• In-depth knowledge of and strong experience working in grounds maintenance, to include landscaping, lawns, trees and shrub care, which usually would be gained maintaining large acreage such as, corporate or university complexes and municipal parkland
• Certified in herbicide spraying and fertilizing
• Thorough knowledge of OSHA, EPA, state and local environmental regulations relative to industrial grounds maintenance
• Supervisory experience
• Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of and ability to interpret drawings, specifications, and data relative to landscape design and maintenance
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Associate degree or equivalent course work in landscape architecture, horticulture, or turf management
Hours: Monday - Friday, 6:00AM - 2:30PM; Some overtime and some weekends
Location: 141 Security Drive, Winchester, Virginia 22602
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.