This job posting is no longer active
Location: VA Winchester - Operations
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
- FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®
- Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
- FORTUNE® Best Workplaces for Millennials
- Forbes® America’s Best Employers
- PEOPLE® Companies That Care
Basic Purpose To analyze, determine, and complete plumbing requirements pertaining to installation, operation, alteration, repair and maintenance. To serve as project manager for plumbing projects.
This position is physical and requires a certain degree of agility to bend, reach, stoop, climb, and work in uncomfortable positions. Work requires lifting and carrying moderately heavy materials and equipment.
• Analyzes, identifies, and completes plumbing requirements including installation, operation alteration, repair and maintenance of water pipes, bathroom fixtures, kitchen plumbing, hot water heaters, humidification systems, water pressure booster pumps and the hydronic closed water system (expansion tanks, PRV’s and backflow preventers)
• Identifies, diagnoses and troubleshoots operational problems using appropriate manuals
• Determines the most effective and efficient solution to problems and performs the required maintenance
• Researches, documents, communicates and perpetuates compliance with NFCU, local, state and federal regulatory guidelines pertaining to plumbing maintenance
• Identifies product or service providers, evaluates quality and cost and recommends most qualified contractors/providers to supervisor
• Diagnoses problems with sprinkler pipes and makes arrangements for repairs
• Inspects building plumbing systems and diagnoses plumbing problems, malfunctions and/or desired alterations. Makes appropriate repairs and/or installations
• Serves as project manager for plumbing projects. Reviews technical documentation and blueprints provided by outside architects, engineers and contractors.
• Provides technical guidance to staff in other trades (Electrical Services, Maintenance Services, and Mechanical Services)
• Recommends safety procedures for apprentices to supervisor
• Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Journeyman’s license in designated state for plumbers or the equivalent work experience under a licensed
• Experience that demonstrates thorough knowledge, skill and successful performance of job functions at the journeyman level
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• Successful completion of the Apprenticeship Program for plumbers or formal training equivalent
• Must possess valid driver’s license
• Thorough knowledge of local, state and national plumbing codes
• Knowledge of the tools, mathematics, codes, materials and safety regulations associated with the plumbing trade
• Ability to work from ladders, platforms and hard to reach areas
• Ability to read and interpret work schedules and directions, blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings and manufacturer manuals
• Ability to work independently and as a team member to gain the cooperation of others
• Effective interpersonal and verbal communication skills
• Ability to life, move, and set-up tools, equipment and furniture weighing in excess of 50 pounds
• Thorough knowledge in the installation, maintenance, operation and repair of commercial building plumbing systems and equipment
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Extensive commercial electrical maintenance experience
Hours: Monday - Friday, Hours TBD (Some weekends and some overtime)
Location: 141 Security Drive, Winchester, Virginia 22602
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.