YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
Manage, coordinate, and drive the recovery and resolution process of major incidents as they occur within our 24x7 large-scale, multi-platform operation at Navy Federal within ISD (Information Service Department). This includes holidays, weekends, and events where essential personnel may be required to maintain business continuity. Coordination and reporting of weekend maintenance activity is also required.
• Ensures prompt resolution of all incidents and service issues that are escalated to the Major Incident Management team
• Serves as the main point of contact for resolution and coordination of incident management activities across the entire ISD organization
• Ensures the incident management processes are efficiently and functionally managed across all support areas
• Determines impact of an incident on customers and/or business units
• Records, prioritizes, documents and provides status updates on reported incidents and resolution timelines
• Notifies, escalates, and coordinates resources needed to resolve incidents
• Updates and publishes the ISD Morning Report
• Ensures continuous collaboration with IT Operations Management and other ISD areas
• Attends and participates in meetings concerning change and release management
• Prepares operational status reports to IT Operations Management
• Communicates operational issues to respective IT staff, management, business units, and communication management
• Works with Problem Management, Change Control, and Release Branch to resolve incidents
• Participates in making recommendations, proposals, and suggestions for areas of improvement to reduce severity and frequency of incidents
• Monitors the Service Desk ticket queues, PEM / system alerts, and escalation methods to identify trends
• Coordinates, communicates, and manages Sunday Maintenance Windows for weekend scheduled activities
• Performs other related duties as assigned
Required Qualifications - Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience
• Extensive IT experience (mainframe, networking, and/or middleware) that demonstrates knowledge of hardware and infrastructure protocols used to provide services to customers
• Experience in leading or supervising an IT team
• Demonstrates ability to lead others in a challenging and fast-paced environment
• Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Strong planning, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
• Demonstrates ability in exercising initiative to produce desired results and achieve objectives
• Ability to effectively interface with various levels of employees, management, and vendors
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• ITIL Certification and practical Incident management work experience
Desired Qualifications - Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of ISD deployment strategies and the deployed hardware/software services
• Knowledge of Navy Federal’s operations
• Hours: 1 Day shift & 3 night shift positions available
o Day Shift (6:00 PM - 6:00 AM)
o Night Shift (6:00 PM - 6:00 AM)
• Rotating Two-Week Schedules:
o Week 1 - Work: Mon-Tues, Off: Wed-Thurs, Work: Fri-Sun
o Week 2 - Off: Mon-Tues, Work: Wed-Thurs, Off: Fri-Sun
o Repeat …
• Weekends and Holidays: Shift work will require employees to work every other weekend and some holidays
• Essential Personnel Position: This position requires that employees remain flexible in their schedule as necessary when business needs or specific circumstances occur that impact the team or the company’s functionality. This includes adjustments or impacts to days, nights, weekends, and holidays, but also to special events such as emergencies, reduced site operations or training scenarios, bad weather events, etc.
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.