YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
Seeking Cloud Platform Reliability Engineer to support Operations and Management of Pivotal Foundations and the Pega Platform in Azure Cloud. This role designs, implements and operates the Pivotal Cloud Foundry and Pega platform management and maintenance activities hosted in Azure. The role requires collaboration with cloud business partners utilizing an agile delivery framework.
• 4+ years’ experience with Infrastructure operations and expert knowledge of Linux / Unix systems
• Must champion cloud application adoption activities and development support of containerized applications and microservices
• Must be conversant with monitoring, management, disaster recovery, blue green deployment models, security and build pack development
• Understanding of Cloud Native technologies, principles and techniques such as Kubernetes, microservices; 12 factor application development model
• Dynamic presence and excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Understanding of Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) / Open Source Cloud Foundry (CF), BOSH & Kubernetes
• Understanding of Pivotal Upgrade Management and Pipelines via Concourse: Creating and establishing CI/CD pipelines or integrating with existing CI/CD pipelines for deployment of PCF and related products
• Understanding of engineering principles and deployment of software through PCF/CF/Bosh & build packs
• Understanding of Network Security tools such as CheckPoint interaction with PCF GoRouter (for internal PCF traffic)
• Understanding of Repair, Repave & Rotate concepts including IPsec communication protocols within PCF and oAuth token refreshment
• Understanding of access control and authentication using PCF tiles with SAML, oAuth and directory-enablement concepts
• Experience / solid understanding of monitoring, alerting and analytics of systems, platform and application performance and usage
• Understanding of database (MySQL) and messaging middleware technologies (such as RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ)
• Good concept of core java and spring framework (Spring MVC, Spring Batch, Spring Contract)
• Good concept of Test Driven Development
• Good concept of CI / CD pipeline
• Experience working with Forward and Reverse Proxies
• Prior experience with software development or release automation is a plus
• A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Applications, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.