IT Project Manager II w/PMP Certification
Location: VA Vienna - Headquarters
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
- FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®
- Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
- FORTUNE® Best Workplaces for Millennials
- Forbes® America’s Best Employers
- PEOPLE® Companies That Care
To own the overall success of IT projects and is accountable to ensure the outcomes of the project are realized and sustainable. To provide leadership and execution for delivering outcomes that are aligned with the ISD portfolio.
- Apply and adhere to project management processes best practices
- Build and maintain relationships with team members, management, key stakeholders and/or external contacts (vendors, etc.)
- Identify, communicate and resolve technical, tactical and operational project issues and risks – Moderate Latitude
- Monitor and measure staff assignment results against project goals and accountabilities
- Provide regular feedback to project members and input to the performance review process
- Full life–cycle project management
- Establish and lead project teams
- Develop project plan/scope/schedule/cost/communications
- Procure and/or manage resources/timelines/deadlines/quality
- Risk, Issue and Change management
- Ensure successful project implementation
- Scope of responsibility
- • Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Experience in IT resource allocation and management
- Experience in project leadership and execution, including initiatives with technology, processes, cross–functional teams and external partner team members
- Experience in working and participating in cross–functional, multi–dimensional teams and projects
- Exposure to leading, guiding and coaching professional staff
- Working knowledge of development or operations framework methodologies, including Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), etc.
- Working knowledge of project lifecycles and management methodologies
- Effective database and presentation software skills
- Effective research, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Effective skill in project management to include establishing and leading project teams; managing timelines/deadlines/resources; ensuring successful project implementation
- Effective skill resolving conflicting requests and meeting changing requirements
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective word processing and spreadsheet software skills
- PMP Certification
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Working knowledge of Navy Federal Project Portfolio Management (PPM)
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: Position can be filled at the following locations:
• 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
• 141 Security Drive, Winchester, VA 22602
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.