YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
To lead and direct the operations of Navy Federal Financial Group (NFFG), and its subsidiaries (a FINRA Registered Broker/Dealer,SEC Registered Investment Advisor, insurance agencies to include title, escrow and settlement)in attaining strategic plans and vision. To determine the strategic direction and drive growth and profitability across business units to achieve and align with enterprise strategies. To insure plans, policies, programs, and objectives for the entities are consistent with appropriate strategies and meet changing industry and enterprise priorities. To oversee and participate in all internal and external financial audits and reports to related regulatory agencies and federal, state agencies while complying with Navy Federal standards and regulatory authorities.
• Develop and execute strategy, vision and long range objectives for the CUSO (Credit Union Services Organization) and its subsidiaries as appropriate for each business line and complementary to enterprise goals
• Direct company-wide operations through senior managers; ensure effective and optimal organization performance, and constructive/actionable response to clients and management
• Design, establish and maintain the organizational structure and staffing to grow effectively and efficiently while achieving the organization’s goals and objectives
• Oversee, review and create performance reports to the Board, Navy Federal and related regulatory agencies
• Drive business results by building a culture of member service, promoting fiduciary standards and developing needs-based recommendations to assist clients to meet their financial goals
• Demonstrate adherence to Navy Federal’s guiding principles of commitment, service and integrity
• Monitor industry/economic trends, competition, practices, products, services and available technologies to ensure current/future demands, and Navy Federal practices and policies remain relevant and effective
• Apply research results to generate new standards and strategies, and tactical implementation of customer experience/satisfaction practices to ensure maximum branding of products and services
• Build critical relationships with other Navy Federal business units e.g. marketing, savings and membership, real estate lending, branch operation, and digital to ensure insightful/innovative development of market penetration strategies, tactics and standards
• Direct and provide thought leadership of major projects and initiatives to include the creation of new subsidiaries, development of new product lines, and negotiation of contracts
• Manage an organization built on trust among team members, promoting empowerment, removing roadblocks, improving processes and ensuring skills retention through management succession plans
• Establish entity performance goals/objectives; monitor performance against established KPIs, implement corrective action to realign and/or prioritize process, procedures, and goals
• Select management and staff; prepare, conduct and review performance appraisals, counsel and train employees; oversee staff recognition and retention; provide mentoring opportunities
• Lead the development and execution of the Annual Financial Plan; approve budgets and commission plan design/actions
• Perform other related duties as required or appropriate
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Extensive experience that demonstrates ability to plan, lead, direct, organize and control a multi-function operation
• Experience with financial and member service operations to include understanding of effective customer service philosophy
• Extensive experience working with time constraints, meeting deadlines and achieving designated goals
• Advanced management and leadership skills including the ability to provide constructive criticism, feedback and solutions
• Note: Not necessary to apply for the position; However, if selected, in order to assume responsibilities of the position would require Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) Registration: Series 24 Principal (co-requisites include Series SIE, 7, and 66) and Life and/or Property and Casualty Insurance License
• Advanced knowledge of the brokerage and investment industry standards and related federal, state regulations (e.g. FINRA, CUSO, Credit Union and SEC)
• Advanced knowledge of financial services and the concepts of asset-liability management
• Strong administrative, organizational, and decision making skills
• Advanced verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to interact with diplomacy and tact while maintaining appropriate assertiveness and persistence
• Demonstrated experience in using influence persuasion and negotiation to find agreeable exchange and reach positive outcomes
• Expert analytical/quantitative, reconciliation and deductive reasoning skills
• Knowledge of brokerage and enterprise wide automated systems
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Master’s Degree in Economics, Business Management, Finance, or related field
• Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) Registration: Series 24, Principal (co-requisites include Series SIE, 7, 66), Series 53, and 63.
• Title, escrow, and settlement agency experience
• CLU, ChFC or CFP designation
• Knowledge of Navy Federal’s mission, objectives and operations
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.