Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To lead resolution of highly complex technical application incidents and problems, including analysis, troubleshooting tools/techniques, application code changes, testing, implementation, validation, and documentation. Lead a support team that may or may not be matrixed. Serve as liaison and/or subject matter expert in respective business area(s). Ensure department objectives are met with regard to incident/problem resolution, knowledge management, and support transition.
Analysis and Research
• Investigate operational or business problems and propose solutions
• Ensure compliance with Navy Federal Credit Union IT standards and best practices
• Solve business problems by defining the problem, interviewing stakeholders, identifying and evaluating alternatives, and presenting the findings
• Present complete and organized documentation of processes, systems, and data
• Identify and analyze opportunities for new and/or improved processes, data, or technology; provide clear picture of possible outcomes
• Define the core work definitions / operating model, demonstrating the step-by-step life cycle of the process and document the execution process flows
• Leverage consistent templates, tools and organizational strategy to define IT processes and ensure practices and processes are standardized and repeatable
• Drive industry benchmarking regarding best practices and continuous improvement
• Identify and champions opportunities for new and/or improved processes
• Separates and combines tasks into efficient workflow to improve operations and overall performance of supported processes
• Participate in efforts to build the short and long-term infrastructure of the respective business domain knowledge
• Provide input into best practices for the respective business area
• Assist with evaluating and recommending changes to standard Navy Federal templates and methodologies
• Learns, remains current on, and communicates best practices and trends in business and technology
Business Area Focus
• Serve as liaison and / or subject matter expert in respective business area
• Collaborate constructively with peers, business units and/or project teams, and vendors to ensure business needs are fully communicated, documented and satisfied
• Provide consistent, concise, relevant, reliable and timely information to all appropriate internal and external audiences/stakeholders through a variety of media
• Ensures accuracy of information to enable effective business decisions
• Frame message in line with audience experience, background, and expectations; uses terms, examples, and analogies that are meaningful to the audience
• Seek input from audience; confirm checks understanding; presents message in different ways to enhance understanding
• Has authority to make project-related decisions.
• Plans and manages implementation and integration of new technologies.
• Responsible for solving highly technical and complex problems on multiple projects, and providing consultative support to internal staff.
• May provide regular feedback to employees and input to the PAR process.
• Provides regular status updates to senior leadership and other business area executives
• Responsible for established policies, procedures, and/or methodologies as required.
• Provides overall leadership for large strategic and compliance projects or programs. May oversee the analysts that fall under these large programs.
• Participates in the vendor selection process when using external vendors to partner with NFCU on project delivery.
• Strong Knowledge of FIS Core Banking Systems (RM, GN, IM, AM, SC)
• Five or more years of programming knowledge in COBOL, CICS, DB2, JCL
• Strong skills in leading other analysts
• Highly developed communication skills including preparing and presenting results, findings, and alternatives
• Demonstrated skill in exercising initiative and good judgment, and making sound decisions
• Ability to work and collaborate with all levels of management, staff and vendors
• Ability to present findings and conclusions clearly and concisely
• Ability to exercise initiative, produce desired results and achieve objectives
• Experience that demonstrates knowledge and skill in domain area
• Effective attention to detail
• Effective planning and organizational skills
• Effective research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including skill in in negotiating and persuading others
• Analysis and Research for Incident and Problem resolution
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Skill in using PCs including word processing, database, spreadsheet, and graphics applications
• Partners with the Business Engagement Advisor and business area to plan the scope and timeline of the program or large project.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Working knowledge of development and/or operations framework methodologies, including Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), etc.
• Experience in Information Technology operations performance, reliability, and availability metrics
• Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certification
• Master’s degree in Information Technology
• Working knowledge of banking/financial industry standards and practices
• Working knowledge of NFCU’s products, services, programs, policies and procedures
• Knowledge of NFCU operations, processes and procedures, including NFCU SDLC
• Certification in appropriate analyst discipline
Work Days: Monday – Friday
Work Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.