This job posting is no longer active
ISD Service Manager I - Command Center Network Operations
Location: VA Vienna - Headquarters
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
- Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
- Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
- On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
- Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
- Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
- An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To serve as subject matter expert providing complete oversight for the execution of a designated service. Provide forward-thinking, industry perspective. Manage the full lifecycle of service including definition, execution, and governance.
- The Network Operations Manager is responsible for the 24/7/365 delivery of efficient & effective monitoring of Navy Federal Credit Union’s IT systems and vendor partner connections;
- Directs the Network Operation Center’s (NOC) day to day alert response and vendor change activities to support a goal of >99% operational availability of Navy Federal’s applications, systems and global IT services. This requires working effectively with other departments, divisions, and third party vendors to meet established service objectives and SLA’s.
- Works closely with Service Owner for guidance and supervision.
- Partners with Vendor Management Office in contract analysis and competitive market assessment for vendor selection process.
- Provides actionable feedback to Resource Managers to ensure expected performance to SLAs.
- Develop and define clear core work definitions, process flows and operating models; demonstrate the complete life cycle and capabilities of the Service
- Guide and analyze benchmarking, trend analysis and other input to drive continuous improvement and elevate service performance
- Serve as the escalation point for IT related issues.
- Provide subject matter expertise to members of the team in order to assist with operational support and development requests
- Work with ISD support to ensure all issues are being addressed in a timely manner
- Participate in the implementation of new systems and infrastructure.
- Operational responsibility for IT Audit interaction and request fulfillment
- Build relationships with team members, management, and key stakeholders (vendors, etc.)
- Provide reports to Senior Management and assist with the development of performance metrics and regular status reports to ensure compliance with Navy Federal Credit Union ISD standards and best practices.
- Contribute to performance reviews for all team members.
- Provide input and/or prepare budget requirements for Annual Financial Plan (AFP)
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Working knowledge of Service Life Cycle
- Familiarity with development or operations framework methodologies, including Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), etc ,Exposure to leading, guiding and coaching professional staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective research, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Effective in producing desired results and achieving goals and objectives
- Exposure to working with all levels of staff, management, stakeholders, vendors
- Effective organizational, planning and time management skills
- Effective presenting findings, conclusions, alternatives and information clearly and concisely
- Effective skill relationship building, negotiation and facilitation skills
- Desired - Knowledge of NFCU operations, processes and procedures
- Desired - Certification in appropriate area: PMP, ITIL, etc.
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Must have the ability to work flexible hours, travel as needed and remain accessible 24/7.
- Desired – Banking/financial industry standards and practices
- Desired – NFCU products, services, programs, policies and procedures
Monday - Friday, 7:30am-4:00pmLocation:
820 Follin Lane, Vienna VA 22180
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.