Mortgage Processor - Cherry Hill
Location: NJ Cherry Hill - Mortgage
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
Basic Purpose Do you thrive in a high-volume, fast paced environment with superb attention to detail? Do you have superior customer service skills and enjoy helping others? If so, you may find a great fit for your talent here at Navy Federal working in the mortgage division of our branch in Cherry Hill, NJ.
You will serve as the primary point of contact for our members who are seeking first mortgage loans and be responsible for establishing and building a personal relationship with each member to guide them from application to closing. Building referral relationships with local realtors, builders, and other stakeholders central to the home buying process is also a key component of this role.
- Interact with members through various means such as face-to-face, mail, and telephone to begin the mortgage process and guide members through the necessary steps with knowledge and superior customer service skills.
- Determine applicants’ qualifications and provide detailed information about Navy Federal’s mortgage and equity loan products, being able to translate the complexities of the process into understandable vernacular in order to personalize and customize the application process for each member.
- Responsible for the completeness and integrity of the loan data by collecting, reviewing, and verifying documentation.
- Monitor the mortgage loan process to ensure compliance with Federal laws in addition to Navy Federal, NCUA, and secondary market practices, guidelines and regulations.
- Works closely with partner processor to ensure progress of application and ensures scope of responsibility for required documentation is executed (e.g. verification of employment, assets, income, liabilities, appraisal reports, Navy Federal and investor requirements, etc.)
- Analyzes areas of concern, and determines proper course of action such as explanations for derogatory credit and prepares loan disclosures as required by Federal/state laws such as Good Faith Estimates, Truth in Lending, etc.)
- Develops, creates, conducts, and/or participates in events to build ongoing business for Navy Federal such as homebuyer seminars, trade shows, tent sales, branch office promotions, etc.
- Ability to work overtime, especially during peak times
- Other duties as assigned
- Incumbent will be required, prior to the assumption of employment duties, to register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry; includes fingerprinting and background checks.
- Significant experience working in a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Real Estate Lending systems, policies, procedures, practices and/or actions including VA and conventional loan programs
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and explain multiple, complex loan programs, financing options and basic mathematic principles
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgement, demonstrate initiative, meet deadlines, and maintain poise under challenging circumstances
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with automated systems, word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Familiarity with Navy Federal policies, procedures, products, and services
- Education in Accounting and/or Business Administration
Hours: Monday - Friday; 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM; Overtime as needed
Location: 2100 Route 38, Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.