This job posting is no longer active
YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To interview and counsel members about first mortgage loans and to take mortgage loan applications. To establish and maintain personal relationship with members, and to guide and follow their mortgage loans from initial application through the loan closing process. To build and maintain referral relationships with realtors, builders, and other centers of influence.
1. Interviews and counsels members, face to face and over the telephone to help members with their mortgage loans.
• Takes first mortgage loan applications via face-to-face interview, mail, and over the telephone entering application data into on-line system
• Determines applicants’ qualifications; providing detailed information about Navy Federal’s mortgage and equity loan products; clarifying complexities of the mortgage/equity loan process; and evaluating, personalizing, and recommending financing alternatives
• Reviews the application for completeness and integrity of loan data. Reviews the automated recommendation to approve the loan or refer it for further analysis
• For approved loans, determines applicable loan conditions and documentation requirements and advises the member of loan conditions and documentation requirements
• For referred loans, analyzes areas of concern and determines proper course of action (e.g., obtain explanations for derogatory credit). Prepares loan disclosures required by Federal/state laws (e.g., Good Faith Estimate, Truth-In-Lending)
• Requests and obtains documentation needed and forwards to Mortgage Processor. Maintains good working relationship with assigned Mortgage Processor regarding progress and required processing information (e.g., verifications of employment, assets, income, and liabilities; appraisal reports, Navy Federal and investor requirements, etc.)
• Follows up on unanswered requests for documentation
• Maintains contact with the member, Realtor and/or seller during the entire loan progress; responds to inquiries and resolves problems regarding processing of the loan
• Ensures that the processing and mortgage loans are in compliance with Federal laws, and Navy Federal, NCUA and secondary market practices, guidelines, and regulations
• Engages in outside marketing and promotional activities to support individual mortgage sales by making office visits, presentations, attending open houses, frequenting trade shows and local realtor/trade events
2. Responds to inquiries about mortgage applications, processing status, problems, and concerns. Resolves issues or arranges for resolution.
• Remains on-call and available to members and/or their real estate agents during scheduled evening hours after assigned work days and during scheduled hours on assigned days off (e.g., weekends)
• Meets on-call requirements for accessibility including travel limits and behavior parameters
• Develops, creates, conducts, and/or participates in events to build ongoing business for Navy Federal such as Homebuyer Seminars, trade shows, tent sales, branch office promotions, etc.
3. Serves as backup Counselor for the Call Center Account Specialists who take mortgage applications, as well as backup for Mortgage Processors and Mortgage Closers.
4. Provides general information on credit union services and policies.
• Documents and processes member requests for additional information; forwards requests requiring additional action to appropriate personnel
5. Performs other related duties as required or appropriate.
• Follow standard course of action: generally does not vary from established policies, procedures, or guidelines
• Uses existing procedures to solve routine problems of recurring nature
• All underwriting/ automated decision points are reviewed by a Supervisor
• Works under direct supervision
“While employed at Navy Federal as a Mortgage Loan Officer, employees are expected to provide a duty of loyalty to Navy Federal to facilitate and or originate mortgage loans for Navy Federal. Activities that facilitate mortgage loans for entities other than Navy Federal (including, but not limited to, use of a real estate license to arrange or refer loans for other lenders) conflict with this duty of loyalty and may subject the employee to immediate termination”
Working Conditions: On-call during established evening hours after regular scheduled work assignments and during established hours on weekly scheduled days off (e.g., weekends and holidays).
• If selected, will be required, prior to the assumption of employment duties, to register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry; includes fingerprinting and background checks
• Basic knowledge of mortgage lending requirements, regulations and procedures for VA and conventional loan programs
• Experience that demonstrates basic knowledge and understanding processing and closing first mortgage and equity loans
• Ability to comprehend, analyze and explain multiple, complex loan programs, financing options and basic mathematic principles
• Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to speak in front of groups in a professional setting
• Ability to work independently, exercise judgment, demonstrate initiative, meet deadlines, and maintain poise under challenging circumstances
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently with automated systems
• Knowledge of Personal Computers and word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications
• Familiarity with Navy Federal policies, procedures, products, and services
• Education above the high school level with course concentration in Accounting or Business Administration
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30AM-5:00PM
Location: 32885 State Route 20, Oak Harbor, WA. 98277
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.