Senior Availability Analyst IV
Location: VA Vienna - Headquarters
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
Senior Availability Management Analyst (Level III, IV or V)
The Availability Management Service ISD Analyst will lead the Information Services Department’s (ISD) efforts to manage the availability of computing services provided to Navy Federal’s business units. This individual will analyze existing availability issues and problems to determine ways to improve availability, reliability and maintainability at acceptable cost levels. Work with the business areas and ISD support teams to determine availability requirements for new solutions and service changes (hardware, systems software and business applications).
- Determine the availability requirements of the business areas for existing, new and enhanced IT computing services.
- Assess availability of components of IT infrastructure, determine their impact on services provided to the business and decide if the level of availability is sustainable. If not, recommend the appropriate cost effective design changes needed to satisfy SLAs.
- Establish measures and reporting for services availability that reflects business, user and IT support organization requirements.
- Participate in Change Management process to assess changes and then communicate any risks represented by the change from an availability perspective.
- Participate in post-incident and problem reviews to assess their impact on availability.
- Conduct availability risk assessment for existing services.
- Assist in Service Level Agreement (SLA), Operational Level Agreement (OLA) and Underpinning Contract (UC) negotiation efforts from an availability capability perspective.
- Gather availability data and generate the reports and communications necessary.
- Monitor, analyze and proactively address availability issues
- Investigate and make recommendations to improve service availability
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
- Knowledge of IT and business applications and service
- (ITIL®) Foundation certification
- Demonstrated focus on customer support and results-oriented improvement efforts.
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision-making skills, diagnosis and creative problem solving skills on highly complex problems.
- Ability to recommend sound technical that satisfy short and long term availability
- Demonstrate experience successfully leading/managing cross-functional teams.
- Good working knowledge of project management tools and processes (SDLC).
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Familiar with service level monitoring and reporting tools
- Hands-on experience with monitors, system logs, systems’ management applications and techniques, problem ticketing systems and how business applications function.
- Good time management and priority skills
- Experience performing data analysis
- Ability to investigate operational or business problems and propose solution
- Ability to effectively communicate system information to the technical team and upper management
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Experience with SQL Query tools
- Experience working in Mainframe environment
- Working knowledge of Navy Federal business processes and applications
- Working knowledge of Navy Federal products, services, programs, policies and procedures
Location: 820 Follin Lane Vienna, VA 22180
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.