Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
We are seeking a talented and driven Credit Risk Modeler (Financial Risk Analyst) to join our Lending Analytics team. In this role, you will perform financial analysis and modeling that maximizes profits and asset growth and minimizes operating losses and other risk exposures. Additional responsibility includes:
• Provide analytical support for various business strategies to ensure Enterprise goals are met.
• Utilize and adapt financial models to optimize business performance and manage strategic risk exposure.
• Propose, develop, and deliver new risk measurements to management.
• Work under moderate supervision.
• Develop and optimize risk strategies and credit guidelines that drive portfolio growth while ensuring that portfolios operate within boundaries of acceptable risk
• Build models to evaluate and optimize business strategies across the lifecycle of lending products/services
• Conduct statistical/financial analysis on internal and external market data to discover the tradeoffs of competing business objectives such as growth, profitability, market share and competitive position
• Provide financial modeling to evaluate and predict profitability and performance of products and/or services
• Optimize and recommend pricing and underwriting strategies for products and services using mathematical modeling techniques
• Develop and test multiple hypotheses using results from analyses to generate and answer new questions leading to more in-depth understanding of business issue(s) being studied
• Evaluate/develop/implement analytical techniques and best practices to gain a competitive advantage
• Serve as SME regarding product optimization and risk evaluations
• Perform other duties as assigned or appropriate
• Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Math, Economics, Finance or a related quantitative field
• Experience in financial modeling and credit risk analysis
• Working knowledge of statistical methods such as linear and logistic regression, decision trees, time-series forecasting, survival analysis, etc.
• Basic skill in analytical/data collection tools such as SAS, R, Python, SQL, JMP, etc.
• Effective research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Capable of building effective relationships through rapport, trust, diplomacy and tact
• Effectively present findings, recommendations and information clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical audience using good verbal and written communication skills
• Desired – Master’s Degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Math, Economics, Finance or a related quantitative field
• Desired – Knowledge in Real Estate products
Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM-4:30 PM
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.