This job posting is no longer active
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
Do you like working in a fast-paced environment and have a passion for helping people? Then our Contact Center needs you as one of our valued Member Service Representatives!
You will serve as the primary point of contact for our Members as they call in with a host of inquiries and requests. Our Member Service Representatives (MSRs) provide information regarding Navy Federal products and services and assist our Members with transactions and other functions related to various accounts such as savings, checking, consumer loans, credit cards, and IRAs. Additionally, our MSRs advise and educate members regarding other products and services that may fit the member’s need to ensure we are providing the best experience possible.
• Serve as the first point of contact for Members calling Navy Federal’s contact center operation’s line
• Actively listen, research, and resolve requests and discrepancies related to member’s accounts/loans
• Execute first call resolution; may require research, follow-up, return calls
• Educate current and prospective members about Navy Federal's products and services
• Identify opportunities to cross service products and increase product penetration based on the needs of the Member
• Initiate fee adjustments and/or other monetary incentives for members within scope of authority
• Perform account transactions
• Provide member service through multiple methods including phone, email, and chat services.
• Protect and verify identity of caller and review account information for alerts and account irregularities
• Take action and respond to situations/patterns of activity indicating potential fraud or abuse
• Understand and comply with federal and other applicable regulations relating to financial products and services
• Effectively perform all duties required for MSRs and other duties as assigned
Qualifications – All required unless otherwise noted
• Ability to work independently and in a fast paced, team environment
• Basic organizational, planning and time management skills
• Basic skill in the following:
• Building effective relationships through rapport, trust, diplomacy and tact
• Exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Interacting tactfully and effectively in difficult situations
• Producing desired results and achieving goals and objectives
• Resolving member/customer problems
• Maintaining composure in a high production and changing environment
• Navigating multiple screens and PC applications and adapting to new technologies
• Performing basic mathematical calculations and working accurately with numbers
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Effective active listening skills to accurately respond to inquiries and account requests
• Desired - Experience in member/customer service preferably in a call center, retail banking or financial institution
• Desired - Exposure to a sales, cross selling or up-selling environment
• Desired - Familiarity with accounting, credit, and/or lending principles and techniques
• Desired - Familiarity with multiple financial products such as consumer or mortgage loans, credit cards, savings/checking accounts, etc.
• Desired - Experience in high volume call center situations
***Candidates who meet the minimum requirements of the position will be sent a required online assessment to the email address listed in the application.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.