Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To support Application Development’s integration initiatives by developing, implementing, and overseeing the organization’s approach to Service and API development, management and monitoring.
1. Services and API Development
• Develops/updates Services and APIs using Java technology for use in current and future projects
• Serves as subject matter expert for Enterprise Integration Services (SOA and API)
• Follow SDLC and Service/API development best practices while executing the tasks
• Provides guidance to ISD development teams in support of Tactical and Strategic SOA and API initiatives
• Provides input and leadership to continuously improve processes and resulting output quality
• Works with development teams to assure alignment with current SOA and API governance processes
• Collaborates with development teams, business units, and other ISD areas to identify, define, develop/ modify and implement enterprise reusable Services and APIs
• Provides input to the definition and communication of the organization’s standards and procedures for SOA/ API approaches
2. Provide leadership to project teams for enterprise services development and validation.
• Ensures developed Services and API comply with established enterprise integration governance rules, maturity and monitoring
• Provides leadership and input into achieving objectives and maintaining efficient enterprise integration standards
• Collaborates with ISD management, business units, and stakeholders to ensure SOA and API strategy aligns with business strategy
• Participates in developing, communicating and documenting organization’s SOA and API direction and service levels
3. Ensures continuous transfer of knowledge by providing senior technical SOA expertise and guidance.
• Leads, mentors and educates ISD staff regarding SOA and API best practices
• Remains current on SOA and API development, testing industry trends and best practices
4. Plays a key role in the evolution of SOA and API governance
• Works within the enterprise integration team to develop and maintain policies, procedures, and standards
• Provides expert knowledge and input into the refinement/documentation of additional SOA and API governance processes and maturity
Qualification - Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Extensive experience that demonstrates expert knowledge of JAVA, SOA environments and techniques
• Five years’ experience with developing J2EE based web services and service client
• Experience developing Restful services utilizing a lightweight data-interchange format such as JSON
• Experience mapping between XML to JSON and JSON to XML
• Experience with relational database such as DB2 or Oracle
• Experience with FIS Xpress
• Demonstrated experience with one or more of the following IBM products DataPower, API Connect, IBM Integration Designer, WebSphere, MQ, RAD etc.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, complex activities while maintaining control over the quality of all deliverables
• Demonstrated skill in identifying industry trends and define their potential use in Navy Federal applications
• Demonstrated skill in leading efforts in all phases of SOA and API governance development and standardization
• Proficiency in developing high level documentation and presentations
• Advanced degree or relevant experience in related field
• Knowledge of Navy Federal’s operations
• Unusual Working Conditions: May require some call in and at home work on nights and/or weekends.
Work Days: Monday - Friday
Work Hours: 0830 - 1700
Bank Secrecy Section
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability