Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To support Navy Federal’s business objectives by managing the pre-award, negotiation, and post-award contracting processes for the acquisition of services, materials and equipment
1. Pre-Award: Supports Navy Federal business strategies through pre-award functions as follows:
• In conjunction with the Business Unit, reviews requests for the procurement of equipment, services, material and/or construction. Analyzes the requirement for product(s) and/or service(s), verifies funding, reviews delivery timeline and key performance indicators (KPI) of the product/service, and recommends revisions to the statement of work or specifications. Establishes an acquisition strategy to include the type of contract and milestones, contractible requirements, availability of qualified contractors and/or justifications for sole/single source acquisition.
• Prepares solicitation documents or reviews vendor-provided contractual documents. Incorporates provisions, such as cost accounting standards, requirements for technical proposals, testing procedures, cost escalation factors, regulatory agency compliance issues including National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) and Navy Federal Key Service Provider policies. Coordinates review of contracts or purchase agreements with Procurement Management and in conjunction with Office of General Counsel and Chief Financial Officer, as required. Solicits proposals from prospective contractors.
• In conjunction with the Business Unit, analyzes proposals. Performs cost or price analysis, including review of cost breakdowns to determine reasonableness. Obtains pre-award surveys to establish contractor responsibility, and obtains audits and pricing reports to develop negotiation strategy.
2. Negotiation Phase: Supports Navy Federal business strategies by obtaining fair and reasonable pricing, terms, and conditions for products and services.
• In conjunction with the Business Unit, develops negotiation objectives and leads negotiations related to contract pricing, terms and conditions with potential contractors. As appropriate, confers with offices of General Counsel, CFO, and subject matter experts.
• Reviews Business Unit’s Quality Assurance Plan to assure it aligns with contract terms and conditions. Recommends Plan adjustments.
• Awards contracts within delegated contracting authority, or recommends award to contracting authority on contracts outside delegated authority.
3. Post Award: Supports Navy Federal business strategies through post-award functions as follows:
• Prior to contract execution, meets with Business Units and contractor and reviews key contract terms, conditions, and requirements including deliverables, timelines, and administrative details.
• Assists Business Units in the execution of contracts, including correspondence, invoice verification and performance of termination actions, until final delivery and payments are completed and the contract is closed. Interprets contract provisions for Business Units and provides appropriate advice and guidance. In conjunction with the Business Unit, leads negotiations on contract modifications.
• In conjunction with the Business Unit, prepares Navy Federal’s position on contract disputes and recommends a decision on dispute settlements.
• Closes out the contract or issues termination notices and reviews settlement proposals.
4. Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Works with procurement requests requiring contracts with complex product/service requirements, significant business risk and impact
• Works independently with limited guidance
• Uses advanced contracting/negotiating techniques and models
• Presents alternatives and recommendations to solve unique and complex problems
• Trains lower level specialists
• Develops project strategies
• Anticipates issues and identifies solutions
Qualifications – All required unless otherwise noted
• Knowledge of Navy Federal procurement directives and local contract laws, regulations and procedures applicable to the acquisition and contract administration of extensive or unique equipment, services, material and construction.
• Knowledge of various types of contracts, methods of contracting, and selection factors to plan appropriate strategies to procure complex requirements, and to conduct negotiations in the pre-award and post-award phases of contracting.
• Knowledge of customer’s program objectives sufficient to participate in planning, negotiation, and administration of specialized technical terminology, and uses of equipment, services, or construction procured.
• Extensive knowledge of commercial and industrial business practices (e.g., subcontracting of raw materials or services and use of cost analysis techniques) sufficient to identify sources, analyze cost and pricing data and contract proposals, and to evaluate risk.
• Extensive experience reviewing and negotiating major contracts in a business environment.
• Demonstrated experience in negotiating contracts with vendor representatives, contract specialists, legal representatives, and executives.
• Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Ability to work tactfully and effectively with all levels of management and staff.
• College degree in Business, Information Technology, Purchasing Management or related field
• Knowledge of Navy Federal's Information Technology infrastructure
• Knowledge of Navy Federal’s business operations, products, and services
• Completion of the American Graduate University class on Source Selection & Contract Award or Next Level Purchasing Microsoft Project for Purchasing Professionals
• Certification by the National Contract Management Association, Institute for Supply Management, or other nationally accredited source
Monday – Friday, 8:00AM – 4:30PM
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.