Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To design, develop and implement new IT software/application solutions, as well as, implement changes and enhancements to existing solutions that align with business initiatives and corporate strategies.
• Identifies, analyzes, designs and develops cost-effective information technology solutions that align with business initiatives and corporate strategies.
• Analyzes, defines, and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating systems environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external controls and output.
• Develops system software code using commonly known best practices. Adheres to Navy Federal Credit Union standards and policies regarding software development.
• Prepares, executes and documents development tests and evaluations.
• Prepares and maintains documentation in accordance with the Systems Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) phases.
• May prepare and lead the deployment of systems/applications into test and production environments.
• May lead teams of peers and junior developers through the software development life-cycle.
• Revises and refines programs to account for changes in functional system requirements and equipment configurations.
• Provides technical support to customers during software warranty period.
• Provides consistent, concise, relevant, reliable and timely information to all appropriate internal and external stakeholders through a variety of communication channels.
• Participates in training of peers and junior developers in new or modified systems/applications.
• May be assigned the technical lead role of a project and be responsible for the project from requirements analysis to project closeout.
• Works independently, requiring little to no guidance from higher level staff or management.
• Ensures compliance with SDLC, Application Development, EA, CCRM, DBA, Data, and Security standards and procedures with moderate to little guidance from higher level staff.
• Reviews, assists and provides feedback to the Requirements Analysis team in developing the System Requirements Document (SRD).
• Applies specific functional knowledge to analyze and resolve moderate, complex to difficult problems.
• Designs, codes, debugs and maintains moderately complex software applications.
• • Communicates information in line with the target audience experience, background, and expectations; using terms, examples, and analogies that are meaningful to the audience.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems Technology, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• Experience and programming knowledge in distributed Java/J2EE and frameworks like JSP, JSTL, JMS, JNDI, JDBC, JAXB, Struts, Hibernate, Maven, log4j and JUnit.
• Experience/knowledge in Web Services, including: WSDL; SOAP/XML based web services, RESTful web services.
• Experience/knowledge in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) concepts.
• Experience with J2EE technologies, Java Script and JS frameworks like JSP, JSTL, JSM, JNDI, JDBC, jQuery, JAXB, Struts, Hibernate, Maven, JUnit and Dojo.
• XML technology experience such as XSD, XPath, XQuery, XSLT, etc.
• Experience with Agile, Kanban and Lean practices
• Effective/demonstrated ability to prioritize, plan, and organize tasks.
• Effective/demonstrated interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Effective research, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Effective skills in resolving conflicting requests and meeting changing requirements.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, exercise initiative, and use good judgment.
• Effective skill in using Microsoft® Office suite: MS Word; MS Excel; MS PowerPoint; MS SharePoint, etc.
• Advanced degree or formal training in software development/engineering.
• Experience with IBM® DataPower, IBM® Integration Bus© (IIB), IBM® MQ and IBM® WebSphere.
• In-depth knowledge and experience of financial industry applications and systems.
• High skill to advanced experience/knowledge of the Systems Development Life-cycle (SDLC).
• High skill to advanced experience/knowledge of software development best practices in accordance with the ITIL® or CMMI® capability models.
• High skill to advanced experience/knowledge in systems, workflow and procedural analysis.
• Technical leadership experience leading software teams through the entire software development life-cycle.
• IT Industry Certifications in good standing.
• Effective skills with Microsoft® .NET framework and C#, VB.NET.
• Knowledge of NFCU operations, processes, and procedures.
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Employee may be required to work outside normal working hours to provide technical support during product implementation efforts.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability