Digital Delivery Engineer (Angular)
Location: VA Vienna - Headquarters
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
In Digital Labs, the Digital Delivery Engineer supports design, development and management of modern web applications to support innovative member and team member experiences. Digital Delivery Engineer will help build next generation omni-channel applications utilizing Microsoft Azure and Pivotal Cloud Foundry stack. The Digital Engineer develops code all day, every day; they are highly focused on test driven development and continuous delivery. Digital Labs’ mission is to bring best in class tools to our developers, allowing them to quickly bootstrap new products and easily manage them on an ongoing basis. A Digital Engineer will be building systems to automate and orchestrate across version control systems, continuous integration servers, monitoring tools, collaboration tools, and documentation tools.
Additionally the Digital Engineer is responsible for providing support for one or more existing software applications. This includes application issue-analysis/resolution, configuration, managing security/permissions, and providing assistance to users. They will also collaborate with other divisions of Navy Federal, primarily the Information Services Department cloud team.
- Responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving cloud related software and processes in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development methodologies and infrastructure.
- Involved in application development, configuration, prototyping, modeling and high level technical consulting.
- Development experience supporting multiple products across the organization.
- Collaborate and work in cross-functional teams.
- Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging common DevOps processes, tools, and technology.
- Assist with troubleshooting, root cause analysis and remediation of incidents.
- Participate in planning, daily scrums and continuously evolve automation.
- Hands on development experience with Test Automation and Continuous Test in a delivery pipeline.
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
- Collaborate with the team in defining architecture; implement data contracts; identify potential risks to successful implementation.
- Demonstrated interest in continuing to grow professionally and learn new things.
- Demonstrated ability to produce results with minimum of day-to-day direction.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or other technology-related field or equivalent number of years of experience.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, design patterns and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- 3+ years professional work experience in IT related to software development.
- Demonstrated ability to stay organized while multi-tasking between several projects, and to adapt to change.
- Experience with Micro services based architecture and deployments.
- Experience working with Azure DevOps and/or AWS.
- Experience with Java8 and spring boot.
- Follow best practices with client side Angular code.
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and Agile (XP).
- Experience working with a ticketing system such as VSTS, Service Now or Jira.
- Experience with Cl/CD pipelines using tools such as Gradle, Docker, GitHub, Chef, Nexus, Jenkins, JUnit, Tomcat, SonarQube, Selenium, Cucumber, etc.
- Experience with CRM configuration, custom assembly development, integration code and data migration scripts for Microsoft Dynamics CRM-based projects
- Working knowledge of development software like Azure, MS Stack, Xcode, Jira, Jenkins, etc
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability