Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
As a member of our growing User Experience Research team, you’ll have a hand in shaping the role of User Research at Navy Federal and championing a member-centric approach to our products, business, and culture.
Partnering closely with designers, product managers and product marketers, our UX Research team conducts exploratory, formative and evaluative research studies that enable stakeholders to make more informed, confident decisions.
In this role, you’ll be expected to plan, lead, and socialize high profile research projects. You can take the lead but are also collaborative. You are self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to work efficiently and effectively with cross-functional teams. You can perform and improvise under tight timelines and changing environments. You are an advocate for our members and are excited to work with teams to connect them to our members’ needs and take action on insights.
• Act in a consultative and advisory role to various levels and functions within the design and product teams to identify research topics and plan research initiatives for both generative and evaluative purposes
• Manage projects end to end: develop guides and screeners, moderate, analyze, synthesize and deliver results
• Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods and a subset of quantitative methods, such as surveys
• Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways; tailor research findings to suit the audience, varying levels of detail and complexity as appropriate/required
• Package insights into tools and assets for designers, product managers and product marketing managers to leverage (personas, design principles, scenarios, etc.)
• Support project team members in transforming research findings and insights into innovative solutions, in order to inform both user and business problems and deliver measurable outcomes
• Create artifacts, educational tools, experiences and processes that help build and evangelize UX Research within the larger organization
• 5+ years of user research experience
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
• Command of a broad set of qualitative and user-centered design methods
• Basic understanding of quantitative, behavioral analysis and statistical concepts
• Excellent communication skills, with strong ability to synthesize and communicate ideas visually, verbally, and in writing
• Experience creating research deliverables (frameworks, videos, toplines, etc.)
• A degree in Design, HCI, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Anthropology, or a related field considered an advantage.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability