This job posting is no longer active
ISD Java Developer IV (Enterprise Software)
Location: VA Vienna - Headquarters
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To provide the highest quality technology-based tools, services and training, in the most cost-effective manner, to facilitate the Application Delivery goals of speed, quality and continuous improvement.
- Champion, communicate and promote the use of new technologies within Application Delivery.
- Analyze technology space for new tools, trends and make recommendations.
- Provide leadership for effective strategic and tactical planning in the use of new technologies
- Engage a large cross-section of leadership, developers and other ISD teams to ensure buy-in and support for recommended technologies.
- Promote and facilitate the effective integration and adoption of new technologies into our current development and support processes.
- Develop and maintain highly effective training materials to support learning and technology adoption.
- Understand NFCU standards, infrastructure and budget constraints.
- Represent Application Delivery and the Tools Team in Lunch & Learns, Training Events, Team Meetings, Conferences and All Hands Meetings.
- Participates in training of peers and junior level team members on new technologies.
- Collaborate with Vendor Management and Procurement to ensure vendor provided services support business objectives
Qualifications (all required unless otherwise noted)
- Works independently with moderate to little guidance from higher level staff or management.
- Ensures compliance with SDLC, Application Development, EA, CCRM, DBA, Data, and Security standards and procedures with moderate to little guidance from higher level staff
- Applies specific functional knowledge to analyze and resolve moderate, complex to difficult problems.
- Designs, codes, debug, and maintains moderate, complex to difficult computer programs.
- Communicates moderate to complex technical concepts to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Communicates information in line with the target audience experience, background, and expectations; uses terms, examples, and analogies that are meaningful to the audience.
- May be tasked with the Technical Leader role of a project with responsibility from start to closeout.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience and programming knowledge in distributed Java, J2EE and frameworks like JSP, JSTL, JMS, JNDI, JDBC, JAXB, Struts, Hibernate, Maven, log4j and JUnit.
- Experience and programming knowledge in Web Service development, including: WSDL; SOAP/XML based web services, RESTful web services.
- Working knowledge in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) concepts.
- XML technology experience such as XSD, XPath, XQuery, XSLT, etc.
- Effective/demonstrated ability to prioritize, plan, and organize tasks.
- Effective/demonstrated interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Effective making presentations to groups of various sizes.
- Effective research, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, exercise initiative, and use good judgment.
- Effective Skill in using Microsoft® Office suite: MS Word; MS Excel; MS PowerPoint; MS SharePoint, etc.
- Advanced degree or formal training in software development/engineering
- Experience with Git, GitHub, Sonar, SonarLint, CA Service Virtualization, Docker, BlazeMeter or similar CI/CD tools.
- Experience with IBM® Datapower, IBM® Integration Bus© (IIB), and IBM® WebSphere.
Work Days: Monday - Friday (Flex time available)
Work Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Employee may be required to work outside normal working hours to provide technical support during product implementation efforts.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability