This job posting is no longer active
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To lead, design, develop, implement and maintain new IT solutions as well as implement changes and enhancements to existing solutions that align with business initiatives and corporate strategies.
• Provides subject matter expertise in developing and maintaining system software code using the IBM Integration Bus (IIB©) v10.0 Enterprise Service Bus (ESB).
• Supports/leads the implementation of systems/applications utilizing the IBM IIB© service bus and IBM MQ© message queue systems.
• Provide day-to-day support for assigned Navy Federal development efforts in compliance with NFCU standards, processes and procedures following the System Development Life-cycle (SDLC) or applicable Agile Methodology.
• Identifies, analyzes, designs, develops and maintains cost-effective information technology solutions that align with business initiatives and corporate strategies.
• Analyzes, defines, and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating systems environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external controls and output.
• Provides subject matter expertise and mentorship in developing system software code using commonly known best practices. Willing to adhere to NFCU standards and policies regarding software development.
• Responsible for ensuring the security and integrity of all NFCU systems.
• Participates in enhancing performance and availability of designed system solutions.
• Supports/leads the preparation, execution and documentation of development tests and evaluations.
• Supports/leads the preparation and maintenance of all project documentation in accordance with the Systems Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) phases. Mentors team members in developing these artifacts.
• Ensures all revisions and refinements of software account for all changes in functional system requirements and equipment configurations that may occur during the product life-cycle.
• Supports/leads the implementation of systems/applications into test and production environments. Prepares implementation plans and change requests required for system migration.
• Supports and leads team of peers and junior level software engineers through the software development life-cycle.
• Supports/leads the effort to provide technical support to customers during software warranty period.
• Responsible for consistent, concise, relevant, reliable and timely information to all appropriate internal and external stakeholders through a variety of communication channels.
• Supports/leads the training of peers and junior level engineers in new or modified systems/applications.
• May be tasked with the Technical Leader role of a project with the responsibility of full software life-cycle development from requirements analysis to project closeout.
• Works independently, regularly communicating with project stakeholders on project progress and status.
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with SDLC, Application Development, EA, CCRM, DBA, Data, and Security standards and procedures.
• Supports the Requirements Analysts team in the development of the Software Requirements Document (SRD).
• Applies functional knowledge to analyze and resolve complex project solutions.
• Capable of designing, coding, debugging and maintaining complex software solutions.
• Able to communicate complex technical concepts to technical and non-technical personnel.
• Effectively communicates information in line with the target audience experience, background, and expectations; uses terms, examples, and analogies that are meaningful to the audience
• Proactively accumulates and maintains knowledge of current and emerging/evolving technologies, concepts, and trends in the IT field. Mentors others as knowledge increases.
• Provides input on improving or enhancing existing organizational processes based on lessons learned and experiences from project work.
• Performs root cause analysis to quickly identify and resolve issues causing recurring technical problems.
• Ensures accuracy of information communicated to effectively support project leadership decision making.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• One (1) to Three (3) years of advanced experience/knowledge of the IBM Integration Bus (IIB) system.
• In-depth knowledge and experience with IBM Datapower©, IBM MQ© and IBM WebSphere©.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems Technology, Computer Science.
• Seven (7) to Ten (10) years of advanced experience and programming knowledge in distributed Java, J2EE and frameworks like JSP, JSTL, JMS, JNDI, JDBC, JAXB, Struts, Hibernate, Maven and JUnit.
• Three (3) to Five (5) years of advanced experience/knowledge in Web Services, including: WSDL; SOAP/XML based web services, RESTful web services.
• One (1) to Three (3) years of advanced experience/knowledge in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) concepts.
• Five (5) years of technical leadership experience leading software teams through the entire software development life-cycle.
• Experience with J2EE technologies, Java Script and JS frameworks like JQuery and DOJO.
• Expert experience/knowledge of the Systems Development Life-cycle (SDLC).
• Advanced experience/knowledge of software development best practices in accordance with the ITIL® or CMMI® capability models.
• Advanced experience/knowledge in systems, workflow and procedural analysis.
• Advanced ability to prioritize, plan, and organize tasks.
• Advanced interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Effective research, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Effective skills in resolving conflicting requests and meeting changing requirements.
• Ability to lead independent teams, exercise initiative and use good judgement.
• Effective Skill in using Microsoft® Office suite: MS Word; MS Excel; MS PowerPoint; MS SharePoint, etc.
• Familiarity with financial industry.
• Knowledge and experience with FIS® financial applications and systems.
• IT Industry Certifications in good standing
• Effective skills with Apache® log4j.
• Effective skills with Microsoft® .NET Framework and C#, VB.NET.
• Knowledge of NFCU operations, processes, and procedures
WORK DAYS: Monday-Friday (Flex time available)
WORK HOURS: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Employee may be required to work outside normal working hours to provide technical support during product implementation efforts.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability