****A requirement of this position is you must be currently enrolled in college level courses or a degree seeking program throughout the duration of the internship to be considered. If selected for an interview you will be asked for proof of eligibility.
To gain valuable insight into Navy Federal’s business, technology, resources and procedures by providing support to Employee Communications, applying knowledge and education. Participate in a collaborative, team driven network and interact with multiple departments. Receive guidance and direction from team and management. Utilize and further develop technical and soft skills, business knowledge, analytical techniques and creative problem solving abilities. Provide professional execution of day to day tasks and special projects while working within established standards, policies and procedures. This is a Full or Part –Time, flexible internship based on school schedule.
•Provide administrative support to the Employee Communications team.
•Assist with management of the team email inbox. Receive, respond to and log incoming requests for assistance from internal clients, providing exceptional customer support.
•Assist with scheduling team resources for upcoming projects to include but not limited to scheduling blog posts, video production and photography
•Assist in maintaining the internal project tracking system by entering new jobs and compiling weekly reporting of job updates.
•Maintain the Job Shadow portal for the team and assist with scheduling team shadows
•Provide comprehensive day-to-day operational support.
•Assist with process improvement projects and initiative, may generate and analyze reports
•Support business strategy and initiatives within Employee Communications and/or across the organization
•Perform other duties as assigned
Employee Communications Intern Qualifications
• Must be pursuing a degree from an accredited college/university
• Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Effective research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Effective skill maintaining accuracy with attention to detail and meeting deadlines
• Ability to exercise initiative and good judgment to make sound decisions
• Ability to adapt to new technologies
• Ability to provide exceptional customer service
• Effective word processing and spreadsheet software skills
• Effective organizational, planning and time management skills
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Strong academic record as evidenced by a 3.0 or higher GPA
• Communication with impact and be committed to self - development
Bank Secrecy Section:
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability