Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
As a member-owned and not-for-profit credit union, Navy Federal’s mission is to always put its members first. Each area of the credit union operates with the same purpose in mind; making members’ financial goals the top priority. Navy Federal is honored to serve those who serve, with a field of membership comprised of all Department of Defense and Coast Guard active duty, veterans, civilian and contractor personnel and their families.
We have a great opportunity available for someone who is detail-oriented, proactive, and able to multi-task to support our head of Corporate Accounting. The successful candidate will be supporting an executive with a vast team, including five AVP staff members and over twenty-five indirect leadership staff. The successful candidate will serve as an information resource and communication manager for the Corporate Accounting department. This role will be tasked with planning and scheduling meetings by managing calendars; handling travel arrangements; creating expense reports and keeping all stakeholders up-to-date. The ideal candidate will also work with PowerPoint and Excel for presentations and budgeting.
• Coordinate executive communications as a central point of contact, including taking calls, responding to emails and interfacing with clients internally and externally at all levels.
• Provide administrative support to the head of Corporate Accounting in maintaining the smooth operation of entire Accounting department including the onboarding of employees and scheduling of department-wide meetings.
• Support the development of the annual budget; maintain and monitor monthly variance report and researches out of tolerance line items.
• Coordinate division personnel travel, preparing travel authorizations, travel claims, and Cash Disbursed Vouchers.
• Maintain highly organized files and records with maximum level of confidentiality; code and bill costs to the correct cost center and resource.
• Perform other administrative duties as required, including scheduling appointments and meetings. Organize meetings by generating invitations and coordinating complex calendars, in addition to reserving meeting rooms. Coordinate catering, audio/video, and other essential services as needed.
4. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Experience in progressively responsible positions which demonstrates the ability to exercise initiative, independent judgment and make sound recommendations
• Effective interpersonal skills including tact and persuasiveness.
• Effective planning, organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Strong research, analysis, and problem solving skills
• Effective verbal and written communication, including presentation skills
• Ability to use, interpret, and communicate regulations, instructions, policies, and procedure
• Skill in presenting findings and conclusions clearly and concisely
• Demonstrated proficiency with personal computers including Word processing, spreadsheet, database, and statistical software
• College level coursework in related field such as Business, Human Resources, or Mathematics
• Proven track record of executive administrative support
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability