Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To provide telephone financial counseling, assistance and recommendations for insurance and investment products and services to members and non-members as a registered representative/advisor of Navy Federal Financial Group (NFFG) and subsidiaries or incumbent financial firms.
1. Identifies and analyzes members’ and non-members’ financial circumstances through remote contact consultations and expertly recommends appropriate products, investments, deposit, loans, and insurance products to meet client financial goals.
• Provides investment consultation to Navy Federal members and non-members on investment and insurance products including annuities, mutual funds, related securities and fee based offerings
• Provides life insurance services to members, including price quotes, proposal preparation, terms of sales and delivery dates
• Conducts proactive marketing support for NFFG’s marketing strategies through various marketing channels (e.g. calling, mailings, local community activities etc.), cross servicing and promoting awareness through member conversations and communications
• Conducts periodic review of member's account, keeps members apprised of new products and services, and ensures timely processing and completion to comply with designated timeframes
• Researches and resolves client inquiries in a timely manner
• Monitors and tracks sales and marketing plans and assigned strategies
• Refers members with more complex securities related requests to CCFSR II
• Checks all new non-Navy Federal Credit Union members against the Office of Foreign Assets Control List
• Keeps current with financial news, research materials, legislative and industry updates to identify areas for market growth and opportunities and/or potential concerns, which may impact NFFG clients and/or business environment
• Contributes to a culture of collaboration by actively networking across business lines, communicating investment services knowledge and business processes to other business units
2. Administers and maintains client securities and insurance records in accordance with securities and insurance compliance guidelines, federal and state regulations, and NFFG affiliated Insurance Agency policies and procedures.
• Interfaces with clearing broker regarding client accounts, securities transactions and securities processing
• Prepares and submits reports required by industry regulatory bodies, and business activity and productivity reports for NFFG
• Ensures compliance with regulations and problem resolution through collaboration/interaction with internal and external contacts
• Maintains regulatory required registrations (including Life and Health Insurance License) in good standing.
• Completes continuing education requirements for licenses including Firm Regulatory Elements
3. Performs servicing functions related to brokerage and insurance services and takes remedial action as required.
• Responds to member telephone and other forms of inquiries (e.g. account status, changing insurance policies and stock certificates; updating member files; disbursing checks; providing stock, bond, and insurance quotes, and public stock information)
• Creates client accounts online access, closes brokerage accounts, and monitors trades activities for settlement and accuracy
• Executes customer and broker purchases and sale orders of investment and insurance products for current and new clients
• Documents and maintains client accounts, researches and resolves trade rejections and errors, reviews account applications and daily trade confirmations to ensure accuracy of orders placed, and option and margin accounts comply with NFFG and industry requirements
• Identifies and investigates processing discrepancies, and assists with internal audits
• Performs quality review of statements and transactions for accuracy and conformity with internal NFFG and Navy Federal policies, regulatory requirements of Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
4. Performs other duties as assigned or appropriate.
• FINRA Series 6 and Series 11 will be accepted
• FINRA Series 7, and NASAA Series 65 or 66 (and NASAA Series 63 in states where required) registration and Life and Health Insurance License and/or obtained within 120 days
• Working knowledge of, and experience, in a financial institution preferably in investment services
• Knowledge, understanding and ability to interpret and apply financial/investment and government related regulations
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, including mathematical aptitude/understanding
• Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills including the ability to interact with clients in a productive and non-controversial manner
• Successfully completing Contact Center Financial Services Representative training
• Proficiency using PCs including spreadsheet, database, word processing and financial analysis software applications
• Familiarity with Navy Federal’s organizational structure, products and services
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability