This is a year round intern position for the Employee Relations Team in Human Resources and not a seasonal summer intern.
A requirement of this position is you must be currently enrolled in college level courses or a degree seeking program within the following or related disciplines: Business Administration, Human Resources, or Psychology throughout the duration of the internship. If selected for an interview you will be asked for proof of eligibility.
• Process unemployment claims
• Data entry and document processing
• Respond to HR related requests and inquiries
• Assist with employee meetings
• Perform research for process improvements
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Familiarity with various human resource topics and terminology
• Effective organizational and time management skills
• Effective research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Effective skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Effective skill maintaining accuracy with attention to detail and meeting deadlines
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced knowledge with Microsoft office, to include Excel and Access
• Familiarity with Navy Federal products, services, programs, policies and procedures
Hours: Flexible based on academic schedule, typically 20-40 hours weekly, Business Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00AM-4:30PM
Location: 5550 Heritage Oaks Boulevard, Pensacola, FL 32526
Bank Secrecy Section
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability