Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To provide expert research project management and strategic primary research guidance to internal business partners. To act as the voice of the member (and potential member), while providing assistance to business partners who make decisions about Navy Federal’s strategies and operations.
1. PLANNING – Provides research support and strategy planning to business partners to help in their decision making process to solve business issues, meet project objectives and/or strategic initiatives.
• Leads consumer research projects from inception to presentation focusing on providing insights that will have a significant impact on business decisions
• Collaborates with internal stakeholders and management to provide marketing research expertise to support their product and business initiatives
• Assesses business needs and objectives and advises on application of appropriate research techniques to support decision-making; identifies/obtains material, systems and intellectual resources required
• Sets project objectives and designs structure of each research plan in response to business needs
• Writes research proposals, reviews, and explains research strategy required to meet project and business objectives.
2. EXECUTION – Directs research projects and collaboration with staff, stakeholders, management and external consultants.
• Recommends and uses appropriate quantitative or qualitative techniques to meet research objectives
• Writes questionnaires, banner plans, screeners, discussion guides, and all other research materials required to execute the study
• Obtains sample lists necessary to conduct research
• Manages fieldwork, including programming and testing of quantitative studies and oversight of data collection; and recruitment/logistics for qualitative studies
• Ensures integrity of data, guides selection of skilled moderators, trouble-shoots to solve process issues, and ensures deadlines are met
• Develops analysis plan and, as necessary, oversees applications of advanced analytics
• Manages consultants, vendors, agencies and members of internal cross-functional teams to ensure the research design and analysis supports research/business goals
• Sets the frequency and most effective reporting methods to communicate results for staff and/or management review at each milestone of the study process.
3. DRIVING INSIGHTS – Communicates and summarizes research study results for business partners and provides actionable business insights to support decision making objectives.
• Analyzes and summarizes study results and evaluates effectiveness of research strategy in achieving business objectives
• Interprets and applies study results effectively, providing actionable insights to influence business initiatives
• Identifies key findings from research and applies most appropriate/effective presentation method to communicate results to a variety of audiences (e.g. staff, stakeholders and senior management)
• Socializes results of research with key stakeholders, and formulates recommendations; obtains acceptance and/or provides alternatives for implementation with input from senior management
4. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Identifies needs, executes projects/programs and delivers analysis in support of research efforts.
• Anticipates business issues and identifies solutions
• Leverages analysis and statistics to improve business performance
• Performs independent analysis with moderate guidance and instructions from higher level analysts and/or management for projects beyond regular scope
• Defines scope and determines appropriate analytical methods, tools and techniques
• Uses diverse quantitative and qualitative applications and techniques to accomplish research objectives.
Synthesizes results of analysis, develops and makes recommendations and presents results.
• Conducts analysis for the entire life cycle of research projects with minimal guidance from senior team members
• Communicates status of projects, metrics, and/or abstract concepts to non-technical audience in clear and useful language and visual mediums
• Delivers recommendations and alternatives to solve unique and complex problems for project team
• Adapts and/or modifies standard tools, techniques, etc.
Collaborates with management to provide insights impacting management decisions.
• Participates in, and in some cases, leads, strategic and tactical projects and initiatives
• Defines project objectives and develops project strategies, outlines scope of primary and follow-up projects
• Provides consulting to management on varied research scenarios
• Participates in outside vendor assessment
• Provides guidance and training to lower level strategists/analysts.
QUALIFICATIONS – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Bachelor degree in Marketing Research, Statistics, Business Administration or related fields, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Demonstrated experience necessary to design, field, analyze, and present quantitative and qualitative research
• Proven experience with appropriate statistical, segmentation and analytical techniques and software usage for survey and database data
• Track record of making clear, sound, and logical conclusions and recommendations
• Strong organization skills, project management, and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong research, analysis, problem-solving, and negotiation skills
• Proficient verbal, written, and presentation skills of technical and non-technical material(s)
• Experience using online tools such as survey tools, communities, social networks etc.
• Advanced proficiency and experience using software applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Master or PhD degree in Marketing Research, Social Science (e.g., Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Economics), Statistics, Business Administration or related field; or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Thorough understanding of SPSS Statistics and Modeler, Cognos, Teradata, online survey tools, Sawtooth and other marketing research software tools
• Demonstrated competency in qualitative and quantitative research techniques
• Experience on the vendor/consulting side of consumer research
• Industry experience in financial services, telecommunications, online services, cable/satellite TV or other subscription/membership-based businesses
• Full knowledge of Navy Federal's objectives, functions and policies
• Knowledge of Navy Federal operations
• Familiarity with the military community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability