Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
The Business Operations Analyst II/III will support the enterprise-wide fair lending statistical analysis program in the identification and mitigation of Fair Lending risk.
• Collect and synthesize quantitative and qualitative data of business processes for the support of special projects, regulatory requests, examinations, and on-going monitoring of Fair Lending risk.
• Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
• Filter and clean data by running data analysis, reviewing reports, reconciling various systems and files to locate and correct data integrity issues.
• Interpret analytics and statistical results translating in lay terms for presentations and reporting to senior management, Legal, Compliance, and business management.
• Develop and maintain data dictionaries for Fair Lending testing models and data sets.
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
• Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
* Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience; Preferred field of study - Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Physics, Math or other quantitative disciplines.
* Strong knowledge of and experience with databases (SQL etc), programming (SAS/R/Python) and reporting packages (Excel/JMP/Tableau).
* Adept at running queries, report writing and presenting findings.
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, and analyze significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
* Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (SAS etc).
* Experience in managing multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment to achieve goals.
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects at once without sacrificing quality.
* Desired – In-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements pertaining to Fair Lending, Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Fair Housing Act (FHA)
* Desired – Familiarity with existing fair lending analysis vendor products, e.g., Fair Lending Wiz, Rata Comply, or similar software.
* Desired - Knowledge of Navy Federal products, services, programs, policies and procedures
* Desired - In-depth knowledge and understanding of univariate and multivariable statistics.
* Desired - In depth experience of credit risk modeling methodologies for large financial institutions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability