Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
The Cybersecurity Engineering Supervisor provides technical and management oversight of the Cyber Security Engineering team. This position provides leadership, technical expertise, and guidance on a day to day basis ensuring protection of systems and infrastructure from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction, through the engineering and administration of various security tools. The candidate will work closely with the Cybersecurity Operations Center (CSOC) Supervisors and management to support tools that monitor the infrastructure and support cyber incident response activities; and provide support for escalated cyber incidents.
• Oversee the entire lifecycle of Information Security tools that support Cyber Security operations.
• Manage the day to day and long term tool engineering activities for supporting Cyber Security operations.
• Manage and develop the team, including hiring, retention, performance management, mentoring, and capability/skill development. Partner with the CSOC leadership to provide clear career paths to staff.
• Work closely with management and customers to track tool effectiveness and prepare for any upcoming needs.
• Work closely with vendors to ensure tools are optimized and effective in supporting the cybersecurity function.
• Ensure team follows Enterprise policies and procedures, such as change management, related to engineering tool support.
• Maintain and continually improve current knowledge of relevant technology as required.
• Weigh business needs against security concerns and articulate issues to management and/or customers.
• Provide guidance in the development and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures and similar documentation related to the function.
• Create and maintain operational reports for Key Performance Indicators and Weekly/Monthly Metrics
• Execute daily adhoc tasks or lead small projects as needed.
Candidates must possess:
• Previous experience in Information Security, preferably implementing and supporting security tools
• Previous supervisory or management experience over a technical engineering team
• Previous experience building and administering security tools and products
• Experience demonstrating knowledge of computer hardware/software technologies, and security tools
• Knowledge of SDLC and Infrastructure methodologies
• Knowledge of cloud infrastructure concepts and methodologies
• Strong team building skills with an ability to motivate staff
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Graduation from an accredited four year college or university in a technical / engineering discipline or equivalent work experience
• Experience with Security Tools related to Enterprise Log Management, IDP/IDS, Antivirus, Firewalls, Proxies, DLP, Forensic Analysis and SIEM
• Experience with AWS, Azure or other cloud provider
• Strong planning and organizational skills to set priorities and achieve goals
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability