Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
Navy’ Federal’s Technology, Roadmap and Planning group helps the organization identify innovative approaches and solutions to transform Navy Federal into the digital age. It operates at the intersection of business & technology organizations with the goal of combining an understanding of business objectives, strategic direction, and external industry & technology trends to set strategic technology vision at an enterprise level for the future of Navy Federal. This position seeks to meet the growing needs of the group in executing its functions.
In this role, you will be partnering with cross-functional team members through the innovation process, using design thinking methods to identify strategic transformation opportunity areas, and proposing innovative technologies to effectively translate business needs into meaningful solutions that ensure Navy Federal is able to offer services in the digital age. This position plays a critical role in delivering digital prototypes / products in response to enterprise business priorities. Advances technology innovation by delivering new thinking and transformative experiences to solve difficult and complex business challenges.
The role requires industry knowledge and experience in the financial sector as well as knowledge of digital technologies (Social, Mobile, Analytics, AI etc.) to evaluate products and solutions that are suitable in achieving long term goals of Navy Federal.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience working for top tier banks, technology or consulting companies, delivering creative solutions through strong analytical thinking leveraging financial services industry knowledge & technology trends. The candidate will demonstrate track record of creativity and ingenuity through past experience leading efforts such as product innovation and/or digital transformation.
• Supporting innovation process:
o This involves leading, facilitating & promoting open innovation, and introducing group tools and processes such as design thinking that encourage creative thinking.
o Develops and champions innovation tools, methodologies, and approaches to cultivate ideas and opportunities that are more diverse, unique, drive quality and speed to market.
o Leads and delivers multiple innovation projects for the organization; capabilities to include: Framing, structuring and scoping complex and ambiguous business challenges
• Provide industry insights:
o This involves scouting for market trends, novel ideas and insights. Building upon foundational insights with industry research/ deep knowledge of the marketplace/business environment, macro forces and trends to inspire innovation opportunities, clearly articulating business value, and alignment with evolving market needs and best practices.
• Assist with strategy development:
o Partner with business & technology leadership to ensure that business unit technology adaptations are aligned with and support the future state vision.
o Participate in efforts to build short and long-term technology plans of assigned business domains.
• Support technology feasibility discovery and acquisition:
o Ownership of progressing high-value ideas through an idea management funnel that includes proof of concept and prototypes in support of enterprise technology capabilities. Participate in vendor evaluation where needed to ensure vendor selection meets desired technology capabilities.
o Identifies and evaluates opportunities to prototype solutions; building financial business cases, strategic rationale and operational implications of the new opportunities.
o Creating recommendations that can be delivered at the Senior Executive level
Qualifications and Experience:
• 10+ years of experience with lead responsibility for digital services/product innovation, strategy consulting or product strategy.
• Experience working in banks, technology companies, other financial or retail industry with responsibility in areas of product innovation, digital transformation, innovation management, strategy development.
• Exceptional communication skills, including strategy presentations and guiding the development of simple, compelling new concepts.
• Broad working knowledge of innovation best practices and knowledge of financial industry technologies.
• Strong communication skills with business and technical audiences, in particular the ability to take complex ideas and articulate them clearly & simply.
• Ability to distill content from research reports and generate insights for innovation engagements.
• Demonstrated ability to influence and guide strategic thinking and be perceived as a trusted advisor.
• Ability to work as ‘project driver’ working effectively through indirect resources and leadership levels to achieve objectives.
• Ability to influence change and develop strong interpersonal relationships with team members, and key stakeholders
• Proven ability to lead cross functional teams in support of specific business priorities
• Team player that works well with counterparts from various functions/departments and has the ability to influence the work of counterparts without direct reporting accountability
Monday- Friday, 8:00am- 4:30pm
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability