This job posting is no longer active
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To provide administrative support to Supervisory Staff, Mortgage Loan Officers, Processors and Closers in order to expedite the processing of mortgage applications. To receive and respond to inquiries from member regarding mortgage applications.
1. Provides administrative support to Mortgage Loan Officer / Processor sections to ensure effective, timely and accurate processing of mortgage applications.
• Answers telephone calls and greet members visiting the mortgage sections
• Monitors incoming loan volume, printing, assigning and tracking each loan prior to forwarding to the appropriate person
• Schedules pre-qualification and application appointments for Mortgage Loan Officers / Processors
• Directs calls to the appropriate mortgage or Credit Union area and documents all calls via Notepad or UAD notes
• Monitors and replenishes office supplies and initiates equipment service / maintenance calls to vendors
• Files, faxes and copies documents
• Prepares FedEx packages for delivery to members, title companies or other parties
• Sorts and distributes mortgage section incoming mail and FedEx packages
• Prepares and submits weekly production reports for tracking purposes, including application and closing logs
• Ensures marketing materials are gathered and prepared for mortgage section use in promoting Navy Federal mortgage and equity products
2. Provides mortgage administration and post-closing assistance.
• Reviews daily production reports and take action as needed
• Prepares files for delivery to the Secondary department after closing has occurred
• Reviews and submits appraisal invoices to ensure timely payment to vendors
• Assists Secondary Marketing by retrieving any outstanding Notes after closing has occurred
3. Assists mortgage personnel in various mortgage application processing / closing duties.
• Completes the initial application delivery for those applications not being successfully routed through the application delivery system.
• Initiates setup of mortgage applications by printing application and credit report
• Provides general mortgage related answers to those members seeking quick response(s)
• Sends and ensures regulation compliance is being achieved for initial disclosures (MDIA, RESPA, GFE) by delivering documents in the required timeframe and updating mortgage processing system with correct dates and fees
• Assists seasoned Loan Officers and Processors with general processing follow up functions (requesting Title Work, Home Owners Insurance, VOE’s, etc…) via outbound calls to vendors and members
• Provides funding assistance to ensure delivery of closing costs and mortgage loan proceeds
• Pre-qualifies and/or takes application for members if Loan Officer / Processor is not available
4. Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Answers telephone calls and greets members visiting the mortgage sections
• Monitors incoming loan volume, printing, assigning and tracking each loan prior to forwarding to the appropriate contact
• Reviews daily production reports and takes action(s) as needed
• Prepares files for delivery to the Secondary Marketing department after closing has occurred
QUALIFICATIONS – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Required: Level I
• If selected, Mortgage Support Assistant I – MLO will be required, prior to the assumption of employment duties, to register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry; includes fingerprinting and background checks
• Interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work accurately with numbers
• Ability to communicate utilizing all available forms of communication in a professional manner (phone, email)
• Exercise sound judgment and demonstrate initiative
• Familiarity with word processing PC software
• Familiarity with Navy Federal Credit Union policies, procedures, products, and services
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability