This job posting is no longer active
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To support Information System Division and the enterprise by providing comprehensive modeling architectural leadership in translating Navy Federal's business vision and strategies into effective IT and business capabilities through the design, implementation, and integration of IT systems in the Big Data domain. The big data modeler will be responsible for defining the metadata standards, support development, and governance of the Navy Federal Data Architecture with a specific focus on the Big Data Architecture.
Required (Individual Role):
• Experience in variety of data modeling techniques that work for modern data systems that include relational, dimensional, NoSQL, graph, and document databases.
• Experience in Data Modeling and BI disciplines and deeper understanding of Data Warehousing BI, Advanced Analytics concepts in large organizations
• Hands on Experience in schema on read concepts like HBase. Hive, Impala, Avro, JSON and Parquet.
• Extensive experience in Metadata (operational, business and technical) Management, business glossary and data catalog products and process.
• Experience or awareness of REST web services related to accessing the data from Hadoop data platform
•Hands on experience with big data ecosystem tools and technologies like, HDFS, and Python.
• Experience in developing Enterprise Data Modeling Strategy and roadmaps to meet business goals and strategies
• Experience in using various data modeling techniques and their appropriate usage in Data Integration
• Extensive experience in modeling and designing data catalogs solutions using Hadoop ecosystem tools and technologies like, Hive, Impala, HBase, Spark, MapReduce, Scala and Solr
• Proficient in Data Ingestion pipeline process, Data Cleansing and metadata Management on Big Data platforms
• Experience in modeling Shared Data Assets like, Big Data, Data Discovery Platforms, Master Data, Metadata, ODS, DW and Data Marts and defining data strategy
• Create artifacts to support Model Governance, including standards, advisories, research papers, reference models and reference architectures, as needed or assigned
• Experience in providing technical and data leadership to the application development group, IT and the enterprise.
• Experience in understanding enterprise-wide view of the business and its relationships to Information Technology
• Broad knowledge of Zachman or TOGAF Architecture Frameworks
Desired (Individual Role):
• CDMP/CBIP Certified Data professional , or other equivalent certification
• Professional affiliation with DAMA or TDWI
• Experience with Machine Learning Algorithms, AI, and Predictive Modeling techniques
• Experience with Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub (EDH) Governance and Data Pipeline Management
• Ability to perform multi-tasking with minimal supervision.
• Advanced degree in MIS, computer science, statistics, marketing, management, finance or related field
• Prior knowledge of Financial Industries and large banks
• Experience in Enterprise Java (J2EE) technologies, Web Services/SOAP, XML, UML, Information models, Data Flow Diagrams, Multi-threaded software applications, Object-Oriented Design and Analysis methodologies
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability