This job posting is no longer active
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
**** Please note, This is an Essential Personnel Position & Must be flexible to work rotating shifts, as necessary and/or due to e.g. emergencies, Hazardous Weather, and training requirements ****
To protect, preserve and safeguard site personnel, physical assets and grounds of Navy Federal locations. To conduct patrol of assigned Navy Federal site(s). This position is considered “Essential Personnel” and subject to work flexible schedules (days, nights, weekends, holidays) or be assigned to another location due to business needs and/or reduced operations, or training.
Conducts patrol of assigned Navy Federal site(s) which consists of campus locations, employee occupied/ non-occupied structures, and Navy Federal owned and leased environments to ensure worker safety, compliance with regulatory (e.g. fire, building) codes, and protect site assets.
• Performs patrol activities according to Navy Federal Security Plans, process and procedures, work schedules and written/verbal directions
• Duty stations may rotate between site locations as necessary which requires transportation of self from site to site
• Patrols all structures e.g. office buildings, warehouses, and garages to identify/report safety hazards, malfunctioning equipment, illegally parked or abandoned motor vehicles, and, assist employees, and visitors
• Patrols site limited and/or isolated areas requiring climbing stairs and ladders, accessing roof areas, catwalks and crawling into spaces to identify/report safety issues, alarms, mechanical and/or facility repairs
• May patrol site perimeters e.g. parking lots, jogging trails and extended grounds, in different weather, temperature, and light conditions e.g. rain, snow, hot/cold etc.
Responds to personnel and site emergencies, investigates incidents and reports findings.
• Responds to calls for medical emergencies e.g. first aid and CPR/AED, for members, employees or visitors to Navy Federal
• Contacts local police, fire and rescue as required, and establishes a staging area
• Establishes and organizes an orderly evacuation of all persons during hazardous weather conditions or disaster situations
• Responds to inquiries and/or security incidents to determine level of assistance required
• Conducts investigations and submits incident reports and related information into the computerized security reporting system
• Maintains the confidentiality of incidents investigated
• Provides First aid and CPR/AED in medical emergencies which require the ability to: physically lift and move up to 70 pounds of obstructions; carry up to 20 pounds of First Aid supplies/equipment up to 0.3 miles; drag up to 200 pounds of weight by at least 10 feet.
Staffs the Security operations center which includes operating surveillance cameras, monitor facility equipment condition boards (HVAC, elevator, etc.,) and building access control system, documents unusual activities or equipment malfunctions into a Security data base.
• Monitors security and access equipment e.g. cameras, alarms, card readers, locks, emergency call box and intercoms systems to ensure functionality and controlled entry
• Permits access to buildings and/or loading dock areas by verifying authorization and/or identification of persons, vehicles, contractors and vendors.
• Keeps Supervision and shift personnel aware of unusual incidents or events and documents findings in the computerized Security reporting system
Monitors and staffs the site security/reception desk(s) to receive visitors, answer calls, control facility and badge access, vehicle identification, and provide emergency assistance.
• Effective interpersonal, verbal and written skills
• Must be able to read, understand instructions, and follow directions
• Ability to act independent of direct supervision when necessary
• Must be flexible to work rotating shifts, as necessary and/or due to e.g. emergencies, Hazardous Weather, and training requirements
• Demonstrated ability to: stand, walk and run (120 feet); and, bend, squat, crawl, climb (various heights), reach kneel and twist
• Demonstrated ability to carry up to 20 pounds and lift 70 pounds of weight
• Demonstrated ability to physically drag a 200 pound weight at least 10 feet
• Ability to obtain and maintain currency of CPR/AED Certification
• Valid State Driver’s License
• Knowledge of personal computers and computer software applications
• Experience in law enforcement or military police roles
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate integrity
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Security Guard Certification
• CPR and AED Certification
• Experience in patrols, investigations, report writing
• Education and experience that may be directly applied to Security responsibilities
Day Shift: Monday-Friday, 5:00AM-5:15PM
Night Shift: Monday-Friday, 5:00PM-5:15AM
**Rotation allows every other weekend off, avg 14 work days each month
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability