This job posting is no longer active
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To provide expert research project management and strategic primary research guidance to internal business partners. To act as the voice of the member (and potential member), while providing assistance to business partners who make decisions about Navy Federal’s strategy and operations.
1. PLANNING – Provides research support and strategy planning to business partners to help in their decision making process to solve business issues, meet project objectives and/or strategic initiatives.
• Lead consumer research projects from inception to presentation focusing on providing insights that will have a significant impact on business decisions
• Collaborates with internal stakeholders and management to provide marketing research expertise to support their product and business initiatives
• Assesses the complexity and application of end-results required to make appropriate business decisions by identifying/obtaining material, systems and intellectual resources required to accomplish research studies
• Sets project objectives and designs structure of each research plan in response to business needs
• Writes research proposals, reviews, explains research strategy required to meet project and business objectives
2. EXECUTION – Directs research projects and collaboration with staff, stakeholders, management and external consultants.
• Recommends and uses appropriate quantitative or qualitative techniques to meet research objectives
• Writes questionnaires, banner plans, screeners, discussion guides, and all other research materials required to execute the study
• Obtains sample lists necessary to conduct research
• Manages fieldwork e.g. programming & testing of quantitative studies, data collection, and recruitment/logistics for qualitative studies to ensure integrity of data, skilled moderators, resolve issues, re-evaluate study process and deadlines are met
• Oversees Research Analysts execution of research project(s) and provides guidance to ensure project changes/requirements, timelines and bottlenecks are met or resolved
• Develops analysis plan and as necessary, oversees applications of advanced analytics
• Manages consultants, vendors, agencies and members of internal cross-functional teams to ensure the research design and analysis supports research/business goals
• Sets the frequency and most effective reporting methods to communicate results for staff and/or management review at each milestone of the study process.
3. SUMMARIZING – Communicates and summarizes research study results for business partners and interprets results into actionable insights or business plans that will support their decision making objectives.
• Analyzes and summarizes study results and identifies if the strategy used was appropriate and met business objectives
• Interprets study results for development of possible actionable business plans
• Identifies key findings from research and applies most appropriate/effective presentation method to communicate results to a variety of audiences e.g. staff, stakeholders and senior management
• Socializes results of research with key stakeholders, and formulates recommendations; Obtains acceptance and/or provides alternatives for implementation from senior management
4. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Identify, executes and analyze research studies.
• Reviews business issues & identifies potential solutions
• Applies analysis and statistics to improve business performance
• Performs analysis with guidance and instructions from higher level analysts and/or management for projects beyond regular scope
• Determines appropriate analytical methods, tools & techniques
• Uses quantitative and qualitative applications and techniques to accomplish research objectives.
Synthesizes results of analysis, develop and make recommendations and presents results.
• Conducts analysis for portions of research projects with guidance from senior team members
• Assists with communicating status of projects, metrics, and/or abstract concepts to non-technical audience in clear and meaningful language and visual mediums
• Recommends alternatives and ideas to solve problems, introduce efficiency and accuracy
• Summarizes key findings of cross-tabs and key qualitative and quantitative research
Collaborates with management to provide insights impacting management decisions
• Participates appropriately in a variety of project settings from providing support for large, complex analytical research projects to leading small scoped projects
• Participates as a team member when consulting with management on research projects and findings
• May contribute to higher-level analytical initiatives and cross-functional groups
Qualifications -- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing Research, Statistics, Business Administration or related fields, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Experience with the steps in planning, fielding, analyzing and presenting quantitative and qualitative research
• Working knowledge with various statistical, segmentation and analysis techniques for survey and database data
• Ability to make clear, sound, and logical conclusions and recommendations
• Effective organization skills, project management, and interpersonal communication skills
• Good research, analysis and problem-solving skills
• Effective verbal, written, and presentation skills of technical and non-technical material(s)
• Experience in using online tools such as survey tools, communities, social networks etc.
• Proficiency and experienced with software applications, e.g., Microsoft Office, graphics, web, etc.
• Masters or PhD in Marketing Research, Social Science (e.g., Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Economics), Statistics, Business Administration or related field; or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Thorough understanding of SPSS Statistics and Modeler, Cognos, Teradata, online survey tools, Sawtooth and other marketing research software tools
• Demonstrated competency in qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
• Experience on the vendor/consulting side of consumer research
• Industry experience in financial services, telecommunications, online services, cable/satellite TV or other subscription/membership-based businesses
• Full knowledge of Navy Federal's objectives, functions and policies
• Knowledge of Navy Federal operations
• Familiarity with the military community
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability