This job posting is no longer active
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To design, develop, implement and maintain new IT solutions as well as implement changes and enhancements to existing solutions that align with business initiatives and corporate strategies.
• Designs, develops and maintains cost-effective information technology solutions that align with business initiatives and corporate strategies.
• Documents requirements for data, workflow and logical processes.
• Develops system software code using commonly known best practices. Willing to adhere to NFCU standards and policies regarding software development.
• Discovers system issues and participates in determining their scope and scale.
• Participates as a team member to implement technical solutions.
• Communicates and may provide alternatives and recommend solutions to higher-level analysts and/or management.
• Prepares, executes and documents development tests and evaluations (DT&E).
• Contributes to and maintains documentation in various phases of the Systems Development Life-Cycle (SDLC).
• Provides technical support to customers during software warranty period.
• Researches new technology solutions.
• Provides feedback to Requirements Analysis team on the solution’s Software Requirements Document (SRD).
• Applies specific functional knowledge to analyze and resolve simple to moderate problems.
• Designs, codes, debugs, and maintains simple to moderate computer programs.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems Technology, Computer Science.
• Introductory experience/knowledge of the Systems Development Life-cycle (SDLC).
• Introductory knowledge of software development best practices in accordance with the ITIL® or CMMI® capability models.
• Six (6) months to one (1) year of experience and programming knowledge in distributed Java, J2EE and frameworks like JSP, JSTL, JMS, JNDI, JDBC, JAXB, Struts, Hibernate, Maven, log4j and JUnit.
• Six (6) months to one (1) year of introductory experience and programming knowledge in Web Services, including: WSDL; SOAP/XML based web services, RESTful web services.
• Ability to prioritize, plan, and organize tasks.
• Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Effective research, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Effective skills in resolving conflicting requests and meeting changing requirements.
• Ability to work as part of a team and use good judgement.
• Familiar with Microsoft® Office suite: MS Word; MS Excel, etc.
• One (1) year of experience/knowledge in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) concepts.
• Experience with Java Script and JS frameworks like JQuery and DOJO.
• XML technology experience such as XSD, XPath, XQuery, XSLT, etc.
• Experience with IBM Datapower, IBM MQ and IBM Websphere.
• Knowledge of Navy Federal business processes.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability