This job posting is no longer active
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
The Analyst is a problem solver in their area and is focused on assessing a problem or business need and executing a means to fix it, improve it or manage it.
1. Role Responsibilities
• Monitor and track resource allocations for an ISD portfolio.
• Perform Admin duties for MicroFocus application Project and Portfolio Management Center (PPM)
• Present to Senior and Executive Leadership regarding Portfolio and Application changes
• Train ISD on PPM’s functionalities.
• Actively manage and resolve resource contraints by working closely with ISD Resource Managers.
• Provide detailed reports to business and ISD senior leadership with analysis of resources for active and proposed projects.
• Monitor, track and process change requests for business and ISD projects.
• Serve as the subject matter expert for the proposal and change request process for the Business and Infrastructure portfolios in ISD.
• Create Process Maps for PPM planned and existing workflows.
2. Analysis and Research
• Investigate operational or business problems and propose solutions
• Ensure compliance with Navy Federal Credit Union ISD standards and best practices
• Solve business problems by defining the problem, interviewing stakeholders, identifying and evaluating alternatives, and presenting the findings
• Present complete and organized documentation of processes, systems, and data
• Identify and analyze opportunities for new and/or improved processes, data, or technology; provide clear picture of possible outcomes
3. Process Definition
• Define the core work definitions / operating model, demonstrating the step-by-step life cycle of the process and document the execution process flows
• Leverage consistent templates, tools and organizational strategy to define ISD processes and ensure practices and processes are standardized and repeatable
• Drive industry benchmarking regarding best practices and continuous improvement
4. Process Improvement
• Identify and champions opportunities for new and/or improved processes
• Separates and combines tasks into efficient workflow to improve operations and overall performance of supported processes
• Participate in efforts to build the short and long-term infrastructure of the respective business domain knowledge
• Provide input into best practices for the respective business area
• Assist with evaluating and recommending changes to standard Navy Federal templates and methodologies
• Learns, remains current on, and communicates best practices and trends in business and technology
4. Business Area Focus
• Serve as liaison and / or subject matter expert in respective business area
• Collaborate constructively with peers, business units and/or project teams, and vendors to ensure business needs are fully communicated, documented and satisfied
• Provide consistent, concise, relevant, reliable and timely information to all appropriate internal and external audiences/stakeholders through a variety of media
• Ensures accuracy of information to enable effective business decisions
• Frame message in line with audience experience, background, and expectations; uses terms, examples, and analogies that are meaningful to the audience
• Seek input from audience; confirm checks understanding; presents message in different ways to enhance understanding
6. Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Applies in-depth professional-level knowledge to independently solve a full range of complex problems.
• Provides direction to team members and is a key contributor.
• May solve highly technical complex problems and be called on to consult for other projects.
• Experience leading, guiding, and coaching professional staff
• Serves as trusted "go to" person by management and is a Subject Matter Expert(SME)
• Provides feedback and suggestions to improve established policies, procedures, and/or methodologies as required for project management.
• Provides input (deliverables, artifacts, milestones, timelines, SLAs, etc) to Statements of Work for external vendors to partner with NFCU on project delivery.
• Functions independently under broad guidelines from resource manager.
• Acts as a mentor to less senior employees or contractors.
• May participate in the interview process and engages in successful onboarding of new employees or contractors.
• Provides regular status updates to senior leadership and other business area executives
• Brings external experience and perspective to analysis discpline
• Develops / Modifies new or existing techniques and/or improved processes, materials, or products.
• Possesses excellent oral and written communications skills.
Qualifications -- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
There will be a consistent set of required and desired qualifications for a Role Family that will apply consistently across all roles within a Role Family. They are not to be modified. Some individual roles within a Role Family may require additional qualifications that are unique to that role and can be added below.
Required (Role Family):
• Ability to work and collaborate with all levels of management, staff and vendors
• Ability to present findings and conclusions clearly and concisely
• Ability to exercise initiative, produce desired results and achieve objectives
• Experience that demonstrates knowledge and skill in domain area
• Effective attention to detail
• Effective planning and organizational skills
• Effective research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including skill in in negotiating and persuading others
Required (Individual Role):
• Demonstrated knowledge of Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) Center
Desired (Role Family):
• Knowledge of NFCU operations, processes and procedures
• Certification in ITIL Foundations
Desired (Individual Role):
• Assists with the transfer of knowledge of technical skills.
• Viewed as a Subject Matter Expert within the organization.
• Experience leading, guiding, and coaching professional staff.
• Ability to negotiate project scope with stakeholders, governance committees, and senior management.
• Extensive experience that demonstrates advanced knowledge of application/systems analysis, workflow or procedural analysis
• Extensive experience that demonstrates and advanced knowledge and understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
• Demonstrated experience leading large projects/initiatives which have significant risk and impact
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability