This job posting is no longer active
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To research, evaluate, design, implement, and maintain system and product solutions, applying knowledge of engineering principles related to a large enterprise Storage environment. To provide technical direction and engineering support for projects and infrastructure. Develop and maintain advanced functional knowledge of evolving IT engineering industry technologies, best practices, competition, concepts and trends specifically in the area of Storage.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Your success with attaining and performing the required skills and abilities will be enhanced if they consist the following:
• Hands-on experience with Storage infrastructure – including intermediate to expert-level knowledge of IBM and/or NetApp Storage hardware and configuration. As evidenced by at least 1 current intermediate level certification or the equivalent experience and training
• Collaboratively uses judgment to determine adaptations in methods for non-routine aspects of assignments.
• Experience with design and implementation of advanced server infrastructure with skills in multi-datacenter, High Availability, Diagnostics, Capacity Management and Performance Tuning as evidenced by at least 1 current advanced-level certifications and/or the equivalent in experience and training
• Evaluates, selects, and applies standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform a task or sequence of tasks for conventional projects with few complex features.
• Assigns tasks to and coordinates work with entry-level engineers, technicians, or administrative staff.
• Possesses effective oral and written communication skills. Assists with vendor, customer, or management contacts and communications pertaining to specific assignments or meetings
• Lead, guide and mentor less experienced staff
• Present clear, organized and concise information to all audiences through a variety of media to enable effective business decisions - Moderately Complex/Varied
• Provide input and make budgetary recommendations regarding staffing and equipment - Moderate impact
• Excellent decision-making, problem-solving and collaboration skills
• Strong organization skills with emphasis on detail and follow-up
• Extensive experience in a production IBM and/or NetApp Storage environment supporting business critical applications.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Operations will include 24x7 on-call systems support
Desired Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
• Experience and certifications with Operating Systems, Networking, and/or Storage technologies
• Experience with PEER, Cisco Nexus & FCOE
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability