This job posting is no longer active
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
The ISD PMO Requirements Analysis team offers college students the opportunity to gain first-hand experience in supporting Navy Federal’s Requirements Analysis team. To be eligible for this position you must currently be enrolled in an accredited university and willing to learn and combine theoretical knowledge with hands on experience while developing your professional skills. This is a year-round internship.
· Supports analysis, reporting, and modeling needs of the ISD Service and Project Portfolios using Microsoft Excel (optionally MS Access) and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
· Applies knowledge gained from degree program in day-to-day duties/responsibilities
· May receive guidance and direction from management and / or senior-level staff
· Works within established standards, change control, policies and procedures
· Provides exceptional customer service
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Assist with maintaining the PMO /RA share point site - including creating and updating pages, site.
· Assist with the administrative support of the requirements management tool. -- This will include setting up users and projects, pushing requirements to quality center, working and closing user tickets, trouble shooting user problems, opening up tickets with the vendor.
Qualifications -- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Effective research, analytical, and problem solving skills
· Ability to apply sound judgment in analyzing and organizing problems
· Ability to present findings and conclusions clearly and concisely
· Ability to exercise initiative, produce desired results and achieve objectives
· Effective attention to detail
· Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including skill in negotiating and persuading others
· Experience which demonstrates a high degree of maturity, objectivity, tact, integrity and sound judgment
· Effective planning, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
· Ability to work independently and effectively as a member of a team with a cooperative, positive attitude
· Significant Experience with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office programs.
· Programming Experience with SQL
· Degree area: Business, Mathematics, IT or another related field
· Experience manipulating datasets
· Familiarity with Project Management Concepts
· Familiarity with Software Development Lifecycle tasks
· Familiarity with ITIL, COBIT, or other Service Management Frameworks
Minimum of 20 hours a week, Monday - Friday, between 8:00am and 5:00pm
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability