This job posting is no longer active
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
Internal Risk and Controls (IRC) stores credit union-wide Internal Audit findings in order to assess financial statement impact. The Internal Controls Analyst will support internal automation initiatives needed to improve Navy Federal Credit Union’s control environment. The requested position will aid in the development of internal databases. In addition to internal data repository creation and maintenance, subsets of projects involve data acquisition, extraction, integration, and analysis. These and other data-intensive operations require technical expertise with a special emphasis on Data Definition Language (DDL), Structured Query Language (SQL), Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server, and others. The Internal Controls Analyst will apply data-intensive skillsets to data-related needs of IRC and Corp Accounting as required.
• Assist in the execution of day to day activities to enhance, maintain and monitor the control environment of the company’s operations.
• Analyze an internal audit plan to assist Management and the Audit Committee in ensuring an adequate system of internal controls and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
• Alternate-Support the execution of management’s SOX risk assessment and scoping activities to ensure proper risk identification, process mapping and controls linkage for a sustainable internal control framework.
• Collaborate with IT to understand, document, and evaluate in-scope application systems and automated application controls.
• Work closely with the team to facilitate cross-functional coordination across various project plans and make sure that the scope and direction of each project is on schedule.
• Support the preparation of presentations and briefings, and participate in client meetings and day-to-day interactions.
• Provide consultative support to departments with regard to the adequate design and execution of control processes
• Participate in planning, results, and remediation meetings
• Assists in closing audits including finalizing workpapers, briefing management on the results of the examination, and following up on the remediation of audit findings.
• CPA Required
• Extensive experience in problem resolution including determining root cause, scope and scale of issues
• Extensive experience in the application of statistical methods, mathematical techniques, forecasting, cost-benefit analysis and related analytical tools
• Extensive experience in leading collaborative work teams
• Significant in leading large projects/initiatives which have business risk and impact
• Extensive experience in managing multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment to achieve goals
• Expert knowledge of data querying, reporting, forecasting, analysis and operations research, including statistical methods and modeling
• Expert research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Expert organizational, planning and time management skills
• Expert skill following, interpreting and applying relevant data/instructions to guidelines, procedures, practices and regulations
• Expert skill interpreting and synthesizing large amounts of information
• Expert verbal and written communication skills
• Extensive experience that demonstrates the ability to research, compile, and document data, business processes, and workflow
• Extensive experience in market/consumer research, project management, and analysis in support of strategic planning initiatives
• Extensive experience in SQL and VBA database languages
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability