This job posting is no longer active
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To research, evaluate, design, implement, and maintain system and product solutions, applying knowledge of engineering principles. To provide technical direction and engineering support for projects and infrastructure. Develops basic knowledge of industry technologies/competition, concepts and trends.
The role requires broad engineering and operational experience with Microsoft Cloud Compute technologies; specifically, deep technical expertise in Azure Platform as a Service (PaaS); Azure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS); Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems; and supporting technologies. Candidates filling the role will be responsible for the design, installation and post-installation sustainment activities. The candidate should have a history of having engineered successful solutions in the relevant products and support of such in technically complex environments. The candidate will oversee all aspects of Cloud Compute operated and engineered by contractor staff.
• Anticipate and adjust for potential impact
• Apply engineering principles to the design and enhancement of systems
• Document new system components, or modifications to existing components
• Ensure the security and integrity of system and product solutions
• Full life-cycle project management
• Lead, guide and mentor less experienced staff
• Perform engineering tasks/assignments in support of business needs
• Perform research, procurement, deployment and configuration of systems
• Present clear, organized & concise information to audiences to enable business decisions
• Provide input and make budgetary recommendations regarding staffing and equipment
• Provide technical leadership in architecture discipline & development of IT solutions
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Participate in On-call Rotation (as required) for emergency technical support and planned maintenance activities.
• Infrastructure as a Service – Design, implementation, documentation, and support of infrastructure, virtual machines, platform, storage, backup, configuration management, and patching.
• Platform as a Service – Design, implementation, documentation, and support of infrastructure, configuration management, and patching
• Platform as a Service – Design, implementation, documentation, and support of infrastructure, and configuration management.
Qualifications (All Required):
• Word processing and spreadsheet software skills
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Organizational, planning and time management skills
• Database and presentation software skills
• Research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Engineering discipline
• Skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Skill guiding and training less experienced staff
• Manage complex full life-cycle IT projects or teams to include cost/resource/time estimation
• Knowledge of and adherence to change control standards and procedures, problem resolution, and troubleshooting techniques
• Intermediate to Advanced experience in Azure Platform as a Service (Azure PaaS)
• Intermediate to Advanced experience in Azure Infrastructure as a Service (Azure IaaS)
• Expertise in engineering Azure infrastructure and resources:
o Subscriptions, Resource Groups, Storage Accounts, virtual machines, disks, virtual networks, load balancers, availability sets, Monitor, etc.
• Expertise in engineering Azure Automation
o OMS, PowerShell DSC, Update Management, Runbooks, Inventory Management, Change Tracking
• Advanced experience in scripting with Windows PowerShell
• Advanced experience in Microsoft Windows Server operating systems
• Working knowledge of Azure Monitor, Application Insights, and Azure Active Directory.
• Working knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, LDAP, Kerberos, DNS, TCP/IP, WMI, SNMP
• Working knowledge of MS SQL Server 2012/2014/2016 usage and administration
• 2+ years’ work experience building and operating medium to large computing environments that equate to 100+ VMs for IaaS and 100+ users for IaaS and PaaS environments.
• Intermediate experience with Azure Software as a Service (Azure SaaS)
• Working knowledge of Pivotal Cloud Foundry Platform as a Server (PCF PaaS)
• Work experience in large IT environments of 1000+ Information System Department employees
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability